The Department of Family and Community Medicine in the UT Health San Antonio, Long School of Medicine, seeks a board-certified or board-eligible Family Physician who is committed to practicing and teaching patient-centered care.
Job Duties include –
- Caring for patients in one of our outpatient clinics, teaching First through Fourth Year medical students and Family Medicine residents in classroom and clinical settings, performing administrative tasks in the Family Medicine Clerkship, and conducting and disseminating scholarly projects.
- Clinical experience and interest in women’s health and maternity care is preferred.
- Regularly scheduled coverage for Family & Community Medicine inpatient hospital service.
- Participates in primary care access strategies that will result from analysis of the needs of the population served and will be tailored to uniquely and optimally meet those needs.
- Actively support and participate in the standardization and optimization of primary care workflow and patient centered primary care and innovative team-based care to facilitate care in the hospital and in between the hospital, clinic, and other settings.
- Clinical responsibilities will constitute approximately 90% of your time, as determined by patient need and organizational mission requirements.
- Medical education will constitute approximately 10% of your time, as determined by medical students and residents.
- Fluency in Spanish is desirable.
- Candidate selected will be appointed as either an Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or Professor on the tenure track or non-tenure track based on experience and career trajectory.
- Possibility of an endowed position if qualified for tenure-track or tenure, to support research, scholarship, and clinical activity.