Family Medicine/Research Director Position – Summa Health - Akron, Ohio
Summa Health is seeking a board certified/board eligible Family Practitioner MD/DO, to join our employed physician group, Summa Health Medical Group, as the Research Medical Director, Center for Health Equity (Center). This position consists of 0.4 FTE Research/Programmatic activity protected time; 0.6 FTE clinical care.
The selected candidate will become a member of Summa Health Medical Group, a multi-specialty group practice of 350+ physicians employed by the Summa Health System.
Summa Health – headquartered in Akron, Ohio – is one of the largest integrated Healthcare Delivery Systems in the state. With 2 hospitals and 20+ health centers, Summa Health provides access to care throughout the region.
- Family Medicine Trained, Board Certified/Board Eligible MD/DO,
- Education or experience in epidemiology/population health or MPH strongly preferred
- Demonstrated expertise in research including authorship on publications in Pub Med referenced, peer reviewed journals preferred
- Experience as PI or co-PI of externally funded research studies or externally funded programmatic grants preferred
- Knowledge of regulations related to research (OHRP, FDA, etc)
- Unrestricted Ohio Medical License or willingness to obtain
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable and willing to work with a diverse patient population presenting with complex cases
- Commitment to quality care in a patient centered, team-based environment
Summary of Position:
The Research Medical Director will provide leadership and expertise in order to advance research, clinical, financial, operational, programmatic and strategic goals of the Center. The Research Medical Director will work collaboratively with Summa leadership to provide vision and direction for initiatives that are consistent with Summa Health strategic goals. Key responsibilities include developing, directing, and coordinating a research and/or programmatic portfolio consistent with system priorities and strategic goals, overseeing current programs, compliance oversight, and facilitating interactions among physicians, sponsors and staff to align research and programmatic areas with system priorities and strategic goals. The Research Medical Director is expected to submit a minimum of two proposals for external funding within two years of being hired. The Research Medical Director will provide clinical care for patients and use clinical knowledge and expertise in developing a research agenda.
- Employed position with comprehensive benefit package
- Competitive compensation with salary guarantee
- Work at an Innovation Site
- Large support staff including RN’s, NP’s, MA’s, medical coder, referral coordinator and others