Industry: Manufacturing & Automotive•
8 - 10 years
Posted 64 days ago
ABB Inc is seeking a Factory Sales Manager (Exports) for its Warminster, Pennsylvania location to join our Measurement and Analytics Business Unit supporting our Instrumentation products. * This position can be supported by a near northeast location within driving distance to Warminster PA.
The Factory Sales Manager (Exports) is responsible for driving growth of the Warminster produced products through the Local sales units. The role will have direct control of its local / global Technical Sales Support (TSS) representatives to ensure the factory meets or exceeds its export orders budget, gross margins for instrumentation and level products for the power, chemical, water and refining industries markets.
This role requires someone who can support, co-ordinate and work in close association with industry managers and local regional sales managers in the domestic market to align and execute domestic sales strategies to meet or exceed domestic orders. This role will also coordinate and align Sales activities with the overall Business unit & Product Group Sales strategy and priorities.
Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Meet/exceed Product Line Sales Budget and Margin commitments for Exports.
• Coordinate; drive and align export sales strategies with the local HUB and Sales Manager in the regions for instrumentation and level Measurement Products. Set sales targets to meet or exceed the overall budgets. Work with key local sales unit to develop and implement Country Sales Plan that is aligned with the Product Line and overall strategic plan and market plans for the prioritized industries and markets and is adequately captured in Salesforce.com.
• Develop and execute an annual growth plan for unit volume sales and gross margins to be approved by senior level management and then work directly with the LBUs to execute to target every year.
• Responsible for securing with LSUs Large export projects containing PMU scope through Capture team approach. Additionally, provide coordination for special product/pricing requirements, large project pursuits, and key customer agreements with counterparts from the global network.
• Co-ordinate with Inside-Sales/Proposals Team to support Local Sales Unit's needs relative to PMU quotation, technical and delivery support needs. Ensure that this support is timely and of sufficiently high quality to enable the LSU's to successfully deploy PMU product and solutions into target market(s). Ensure alignment of this process with various compliance parameters, such as the formal Table of Authority, etc.
• Co-ordinate and align with domestic Industry manager and the Local/Global Product Management team to ensure short, medium and long term objectives and implementation of product portfolio strategies. Ensure close co-ordination with regional sales managers; industry manager and global/local product managers to develop; plan and execute growth for domestic make products.
• Manage and implement a structured internal transfer pricing model and associated discounting policy in order to drive increased order volume, manage the mix of the order growth and to realize gross margin growth. Work with LSU's to recommend and implement market prices and price bands, as well as internal transfer sales prices in line with the Product Line strategy for each Local Sales Unit and the BU Strategic Pricing models.
• Conduct monthly meetings with regional managers to understand local market conditions, collect and pursue sales prospects and create strategies for winning orders.
• Collect; Monitor and Report PMU MIS report to management on sales metrics, opportunities, threats and contingency plans. Prepare monthly/Qtrly. orders forecast. Monitor and report PMU Sales KPI's and Service/Product Line sales, order margin, and performance by Local Sales Unit as per OCS targets.
• Ensure that accurate and complete information is being captured within the Customer Complaint Resolution Process (CCRP) and Net Promoter Score (NPS) to continually improve upon overall customer satisfaction.
• Prepare monthly reports that include sales prospect tracking by LBU and progress to budget plan with contingencies as necessary.
• Assist the LSU's in developing local, tactical sales and marketing strategies for exports in order to increase market penetration in core industries.
• Work with the global sales organization to prepare and monitor annual sales budgets for exports.
• Work directly with HR Business Partner and the global Local Business Units (LBU) to hire and train new Technical Sales Support (TSS) representatives. Build and organize the TSS team into a highly effective team that consistently performs and continually improves in achieving customer satisfaction and generating sales leads.
• Prepare full cost models to evaluate sales discount requests against operating margin requirements.
• Consolidate market demand from the Local Sales Units as key input for operations planning - short, medium and long term.
• Domestic (10%) and global travel of about 40 to 50 percent of the time.
• Four year degree and a minimum of 8 years of experience in Manufacturing or Instrumentation sales experience.
**Alternatively, this position may be hired at a higher senior level**
• Four year degree and a minimum of 12 years of experience with Manufacturing or Instrumentation sales experience OR
• Master's Degree and a minimum of 10 years of Manufacturing or Instrumentation sales experience .
• Degree in Engineering or Business preferred.
• MBA is preferred.
• Proven experience with specific accomplishments in growing exports sales through the implementation of regional team oriented strategy.
• Proven experience with specific accomplishments in developing and implementing selling strategies with clear performance metrics and effectively reporting the results to senior level management.
• Ability to quickly understand our markets – Exports and domestic, Products; Customers and competitors. Ability to understand; adopt to ABB's tools and processes.
• Ability to become an indispensable member of the HUB/LBU and customer's team and be their trusted advisor.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills are required. Point.
• Exceptional proven presentation skills;
• Computer savvy and proficient with MS Excel, Word and Power
• Candidates must already have a work authorization that allows them to work for ABB in the United States without visa assistance.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB