As the nation’s leading bottled water company, Nestlé Waters North America is dedicated to providing customers with healthy hydration options. Alongside that, we’re also committed to developing our people – enabling them to make the most of the many elements that help them to succeed.
Nestlé Waters consists of five business units: Corporate, Commercial, Supply Chain, Technical & Production and ReadyRefresh by Nestlé. Whichever one of these areas you choose to join, you’ll find yourself collaborating with a highly talented team on work that’s challenging,
engaging and incredibly rewarding. You’ll be an essential element of our success: trusted, empowered and supported to make a lasting impact on the very future of our business. It’s a chance to use your knowledge, skills and experience to shine brightly and achieve your ambitions – all while delivering healthy hydration to millions of customers.
Choose a career in Technical & Production and you’ll be part of our logistics backbone – and a crucial element of our success. Our factories are where our products start their journey to the customer. This area of Nestlé Waters offers you the chance to experience collaboration in its purest form as you work alongside a diverse range of highly motivated and passionate people in our factories spread across the nation. What you do will be fulfilling, impactful and meaningful – not least is you’ll be helping to deliver healthy hydration to millions of thirsty customers. We’ll make sure you have the strong leadership and clear direction you need to feel motivated and passionate about accomplishing great things. While you take a pride in delivering an excellent performance, you’ll see your contributions are recognized and rewarded with an outstanding level of support, training and benefits – everything you need to grow and thrive in your career.
We are currently seeking a Factory Engineering Manager to be located in South Houstonandreport to the Factory Manager.
The primary responsibilities will include providing engineering professional and maintenance leadership in the Factory.
Key responsibilitiesinclude but are not limited to the following:
- Design, coordinate and optimize plant preventive maintenance plans through use of the Computerized Maintenance Management System
- Administer technical support and strategic direction for all site safety and environmental initiatives
- Analyze reporting and communication of departmental key metrics related to maintenance systems, safety and environmental
- Establish and maintain standard operating procedures for all maintenance, safety and environmental related activities
- Lead team to develop and maintain engineering competencies at the factory by coaching and mentoring to build capabilities.
- Monitor Capital Investments to ensure optimum decisions are made and implemented regarding factory assets in alignment with the Market Business Strategy.
- Enable high performance Operations by providing assets' Maintenance according to the Nestlé Strategy, using TPM/PM as the multi-disciplined approach to maintain/improve fixed assets, and AMM to manage their life cycle
- Ensure that the utilities' needs of Production are fulfilled and optimized and are treated according to the food safety acceptance criteria
- Drive Innovation and Renovation, initiating/coordinating implementation of new processes/technologies with relevant Market, PTC, Corporate and SBU Engineering
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Industrial, Mechanical or Electrical); masters preferred
- Minimum 5 years in a technical maintenance field, preferably food manufacturing or consumer goods industry (as Project Engineer or Project Manager, Industrial Services, M&I or E&A/MES Engineer, or equivalent positions)
- Fixed Assets Maintenance responsibilities, including maintenance budget preparation and control
- Intermediate to advanced TPM experience
- Proven leadership skills to influence, coach and mentor internally as well as the ability to develop relationships with contractors and other 3rd parties
- Participation in the development of engineering projects as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Self Management following defined KPIs/Objectives, and proactively tracking them
- In-depth understanding of the preventative maintenance process with thorough understanding of automation controls and industrial power distribution
- Solid analytical, problem solving, and technical troubleshooting skills
- Ability to influence change and innovation in a team atmosphere with strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal, leadership, and organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast paced environment
- Proficient in making business decisions using facts and good judgment
Job Number 18004452