Support the Factory Manager as a trusted co-pilot within the Factory Leadership Team (vision, organization, practices, initiatives/projects…) on a day to day as well as on a long term strategic view. Provide visibility around costs related to the factory processes through the driving of relevant analysis and reporting (monitoring of the budget and controlling the variances), and ensure adherence to financial legal requirements.
1. Challenge assumptions in seeking cost improvements in factory. Seek for and support cost improvement opportunities, be an active contributor to improvement projects and initiatives validate and review proposed savings.
2. Coordinate reporting of actuals (including organizing and overseeing timeliness and accuracy of period-end close, and promoting ownership of data at source); and forecasts for the factory; ensure transparency of this process; follow up and monitoring of progress to close gaps, ensuring Ferrara financial policies, Accounting Standards and Costing Standards are followed
3. Participate in business planning; prepare and coordinate the factory budget with factory management; Perform revisions or simulations if needed.
4. Develop, control and ensure robust evaluations of capital investment plans and requests.
5. Ensure clear control and visibility of assets and liabilities, including the development, implementation and compliance with internal controls.
6. Coach and develop the factory finance personnel as individuals and as a team, including career and succession planning.
7. Promote clear understanding of financial key figures and costing within the factory, including organizing training sessions for non-specialists
8. Ensure full transparency of costs and financial impact to the organization of major or strategic decisions relating to the factory
9. Organize internal and external benchmarking of factory performance and factory product costs.
10. Coordinate and be key contact for internal and external audits within the factory
11. Supervises the maintenance of the administrative computer equipment and software including the local LAN and HP direct line connections.
12. Supervise factory Buyer and ensure compliance to Ferrara vendors and timely follow up on any issues regarding vendor payment or blocked invoices.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
B.S. Degree in accounting, or other finance degree or equivalent.
Minimum of 5 years' experience in a manufacturing facility. Communication, leadership and planning skills.
At least 1 year in a supervisory role.
Ability to communicate to all audiences within the organization.
Leadership experience with direct and indirect reporting relationships.
Accomplished planning skills.
Aptitude with financial systems.