Are you ready to work with a purpose? At ABB, you can be sure you’re helping to create a better world. Together, we can touch the lives of millions by creating sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world or improving safety for workers in auto plants.
ABB is seeking for a Factory Controller. This position will be a partner to the business managerresponsible to develop a business model and optimize financial performance within the Power Grid Transformers factory. Support effective business decisions by monitoring, analyzing, and interpreting financial data in order to evaluate various business alternatives and recommend the most appropriate business solutions. Drive definition and implementation of standards and business specific guidelines in financial control processes.
Typical duties/responsibilities for Finance may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Strategy: Contribute to the definition of the strategy for the business unit. Serves as the key partner for the Factory General Manager for areas of responsibility and developing a business model, aligning wider strategy, implementing, and marketing adjustments in implementation as needed. Maintains constant contact with relevant other managers and Controllers regarding financial, market and customer situation, and outlook
• Business Planning & Forecasting: Translates strategy into business plans and establishes measurable targets. Oversees the business planning and forecasting processes for the area of responsibility and serves as the interface to HQ / Country / Global / Business Unit / Division. Evaluates financial implications of various strategic decisions, builds scenarios, and recommend actions
• Business Performance: Monitors progress achieved and provides insight and analysis to support operational decision-making. Identifies issues, and advises management on action plans and operational strategies to resolve. Drives appropriate cost structure, productivity optimization, and capital efficiency. Manages and closely monitors the cash flow and takes action to improve Net Working Capital
• Risk Management: Assesses business risk exposure and defines risk mitigation strategies to reduce impact on business performance. Ensures risk management processes are consistently implemented in own area of responsibility. Identifies and communicates commercial and financial risks and opportunities from business propositions
• Optimization: Leads cross-functional initiatives that support strategic goals. Drives definition and implementation of global standards and business specific guidelines to ensure continuous improvement in the financial control process within own area of responsibility
• Communication and Knowledge Sharing: Leads, provides guidance and facilitates best practice sharing between Local Business Controllers within own area of responsibility to ensure alignment and consistency of controlling practices. Ensures timely and efficient communication with relevant Local/Country/Division/Region Controllers, Finance Group functions and other internal customers to identify and discuss issues for improvement of operations, work quality and efficiency for area of responsibility
• Internal Controls and Compliance: Ensures transparency in financial reporting and disclosures. Defines and implements internal controls regarding financial and non-financial operations. Ensures compliance with corporate and country standards, regulations, and guidelines. Supports internal and external audits. Signs off Assurance letter for the area of responsibility
• Financial reporting: Establishes and oversees processes and tools necessary to obtain transparent and reliable financial data and business information. Ensures high quality of financial data and business information in line with defined standards and financial closing schedules
• People Leadership & Development: Ensures (with HR Manager support) that the area of responsibility is organized, staffed, skilled and directed. Guides, motivates and develops direct/indirect subordinates within HR policies
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance or Business related and 12 years of progressive experience accounting and finance in manufacturing/public accounting environment OR
• Master’s degree and 10 years of progressive experience in accounting/finance in manufacturing/public accounting environment
• Supervisory or management experience
• Post graduate degree or CPA is preferred
• Strong organizational and time management skills needed with the ability to manage multiple, critical projects simultaneously in a face paced environment
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.