Factory Automation Testing Engineer
Job Title: Factory Automation Testing Engineer - Direct Hire / Full Time / Perm
Job Location: Moline, IL
Job Type: Full Time / Perm / Direct Hire + Benefits
?US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.?
- Plans, coordinates and performs manufacturing engineering work for a project or process of moderate scope or for a significant portion of a major and diverse project or process.
- May assign, coordinate and review portions of the work to support personnel, including contractors.
- Decisions are made within established guidelines and may be reviewed by others. Establishes routings, methods, layouts, tools, costs, methods documentation, quality plans and labor standards for revisions to current operations and/or new parts or programs of moderate scope.
- Provides support and trouble shooting for current operations.
- Investigates, gathers and analyze data and implement solutions.
- Innovates and implements cost reduction, quality, safety and ergonomic improvement ideas of moderate scope.
- Applies electronic tools across a broad range of applications, including e-builds, modeling and simulations.
- Develops and implements plans to supportlean manufacturing through the Deere Production System of moderate scope.
- Designs operations layouts.
- Improves material flow and material presentation. Leads team studies related to capacity, energy, productivity and efficiency of moderate scope.
- Leads analysis, development and implementation of new manufacturing processes and technology.
- Analyzes and makes modifications to existing performance pay plans; assists in development of baseline data for new performance pay plans.
- As a Factory Automation Testing Engineer, for the John Deere Seeding Group (Moline), you will work on supporting Precision Planters current production and new product programs for Seeding Moline, Paton and Valley City. In addition, you will: Analyze project design to develop component and EOL testing and programming equipment for precision planters in future programs.
- Participate with the PDP ME team to ensure testing and system requirements are communicated throughout the EPDP process through virtual builds and FMEAs.
- Provide support and troubleshooting for experimental factory builds and new product introductions and current product (OFP).
- Work with both Seeding Moline and Paton to investigate, gather and analyze safety and quality data and implement solutions with new product programs.
- Support the development and implement plans to supportlean manufacturing through the Deere Production System.
- Support analysis, development and implementation of new testing manufacturing processes and technology.
- ElectricalEngineering or background in the computer field.
- PLC background required (Siemens, Allen Bradley, Rockwell etc.)
- 2+ Years experience wtih PLC/database/software development.
- Factory/Shop floor experiencerequired.
- Metatarsals required for 1st day.
- Hours - M-F 7am-3:30pm typically.