The Facility Vice President of Quality is responsible for providing an integrated framework for monitoring and evaluating quality of care. This position will be accountable to provide quality data, analysis and interpretation to senior management, hospital and medical staff/physician committees and department directors. This position will directs activities to provide both professional and technical quality and performance improvement support. The FVPQ will partner and collaborates with the management team and medical staff to facilitate teamwork and the achievement of shared goals in pursuit of patient safety and quality outcomes. Additionally, the FVPQ will collaborate with Quality and Patient Safety at Gulf Coast Division, as well as other division and corporate entities and external parties to ensure that strategic quality and patient safety initiatives are fully executed at the facility level.
- Promote a culture that is positive, that values individual strengths, takes risks, and is committed to optimal patient care, and compliance with regulatory standards.
- Ability to both maintain appropriate reporting structure relationship with division as well as hold strong ties to their respective facility.
- Facilitate the growth of hospital knowledge regarding quality and high reliability, including the dissemination and implementation of “best practices” across the facility.
- Lead facility-wide standardization in targeted process improvement initiatives, and evaluate success through pre-established criteria and measurement tools. Support division-wide standardization of process improvement initiatives through facility adoption and implementation.
- Lead proactive patient safety activities to help create facilities that are high reliability organizations, as reflected in reduced errors, elimination of unsafe processes, and increased involvement of staff and physicians toward a culture of safety.
- Participate in regular analysis of facility quality and risk performance data, and plan steps based on data analysis for ongoing improvement.
- Ensure the reporting of data to approved third parties, such as Leapfrog, NCDR & STS databases, etc.
- Facilitate and/or lead clinical process improvement teams as needed to achieve quality and performance improvement goals.
- Serve as a regulatory resource regarding state and federal regulations and standards, including but not limited to CMS, TJC, and CDC. Stay current with NQF, AHRQ, Leapfrog, IHI and other quality performance initiatives.
- Baccalaureate degreerequired
- Master’s degreerequired upon hire or within 24 months of acceptance of role. 20 + years of progressive quality experience will be considered in lieu of education requirements.
- Minimum of ten years of progressive experience in healthcare, to include minimum of five years of management of individuals, and five years of experience with quality management.
- RN License in the State of Texas preferred.
- CPHQ required upon hire or within 12 months of acceptance of role.
- Excellent communication skills with hospital staff including administration, nursing, and medical staff. Knowledge and experience in quality infrastructure, implementation of decision tools, clinical protocols and guidelines and outcome measurement assessment.
- Expertise with MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint required.
Job Code: 26985-97299