More information about this job
CubeSmart seeks a professional and talented Facility Services Manager with multi-unit experience to join our growing team. This individual will manage construction and R&M projects in an assigned division, working with contractors and field teammates to ensure that facilities are properly maintained. This role also facilitates Divisional capital projects and manages service agreements. This position is based at our corporate office in Malver, PA.
- Oversees and manages the capital improvements and major maintenance projects for over 100 stores covering multiple states.
- Maintains and evaluates service contracts by reviewing property requirements. Estimate future maintenance needs. Prepare bid specifications, solicits and reviews bids from contractors and negotiates contracts. Awards contracts related to routine and non-routine projects and oversee the proper completion of projects.
- Works with District Managers and Senior District Managers to give direction and guidance on technical aspects of repair and maintenance.
- Develops and maintains capital budgets for assigned properties, and operates within budget constraints. Reviews and approves maintenance expenses, invoices for payment, and obtains required approval for larger expenditures. Uses knowledge of maintenance costs to recommend budget revisions.
- Supervises outside contractors by performing on-site visits to ensure work is performed in accordance with company standards and contract requirements. Maintains daily contact with contractors to resolve issues, establish priorities and ensure needs are met.
- Attends divisional meetings and presents to the group a review of all projects and timelines.
- Demonstrates professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, and establishing personal networks.
- Ensures safety compliance.
- Travels approxmately 50% to stores.
Four yeardegree or comparable background to include a minimum of five years building maintenance or constructionexperience. Multi-unit experience is essential. Engineeringdegree is favorable but not requisite. Previous supervisory experience is desirable.
Knowledge of construction, maintenance and retail properties.
- Developed understanding of corporate standards for facilities with an ability to achieve those standards.
- Demonstrate leadership and management ability.
- Team building skills; organizational and staff development skills. Strong supervisory skills.
- Strong communication, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Ability to interact with vendors and other employees and to relay technical concerns with adequate detail, quickly and accurately.
- Ability to develop and manage budgets.
- High degree of initiative and independent judgment.
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Computer skills; spreadsheet and project management software capabilities.
- Able to organize work, engage in a variety of tasks simultaneously and consistently meet deadlines.
- Able to write reports and business correspondence.
- Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out complex instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- References and history of previous building projects.
- Engineeringdegree is favorable but not requisite
- Agreeable to 50% travel