Harris Corporation is a leading technology innovator, solving customers’ toughest mission-critical challenges by providing solutions that connect, inform and protect. Harris supports government and commercial customers in more than 100 countries and has approximately $6 billion in annual revenue. The company is organized into three business segments: Communication Systems, Space and Intelligence Systems and Electronic Systems. Learn more at harris.com.
The Facility Security Officer (FSO) is responsible for the development, implementation, management and direction of NISPOM established security requirements for all Department of Defense (DoD) classified contracts performed at Harris Communication Systems’ (CS) Sunrise facility. Commensurate with the position of FSO, incumbent is responsible for execution of all NISPOM related security functions including physical, personnel (PERSEC) and information security; document control, program security support and access control to DoD programs and accredited areas. As such, the FSO serves as the facility’s primary contact for DSS vulnerability assessments and correspondence. COMSEC program management, handling and accountability are integral to the compliant and effective execution of the FSO’s responsibilities. The FSO manages, oversees and implements the CS SecurityEducation and Training Program to ensure compliance with all government directives and consistency with Harris requirements. The FSO is responsible for the management and oversight of the CS Information Security program (unclas) intent on ensuring the protection of corporate technological, proprietary and intellectual information.
The incumbent will execute the responsibilitiesrequired of and consistent with those of the facility Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) for maintaining and enforcing all required Information System Security policies, standards, and directives to ensure accreditation and certification of information systems processing U.S. government classified information. The position demands working knowledge of and experience with multiple government directives, i.e. NISPOM Chapter 8, National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), Risk Management Framework (RMF), and comparable industry standards. The FSO will exhibit the dedication and expectation of excellence required of a seasoned security professional while working and making decisions independently with general guidance and without direct supervision.
• Bachelor’s degree + 6 years’ experience; Associate’s degree + 10 years’ experience; or 14 years’ progressive industrialsecurity administration experience
• Active DoD SECRET clearance
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Security Management, Homeland Security, Security Administration, Criminal Justice, IndustrialSecurity Management, Information Systems Security, Computer Science, Information Technology Management or related
- Experience with and knowledge of/ability to ensure compliance with National IndustrialSecurity Program Operating Manual (NISPOM)
- Experience with JPAS, e-Qip, e-FCL/DISS, etc…
- Current Facility Security Officer (FSO) certification via established Defense Security Service (DSS) criteria
- Successful completion of NSA COMSEC Account Manager/Custodian training
- Experience and knowledge managing/administering COMSEC accounts and/or programs.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; able to interface effectively with all levels of corporate management and government customers
- DoD Directive 8570 compliance certification (ex. A+, Network+, Security+, CISSP, CISA, CEH, Microsoft Certified Professional)
- • ISSO experience translating in fundamental understanding or experience with analysis and evaluation of both hardware and software in support of Department of Defense (DoD) accredited systems
- Familiarity and experience with Security Information Management System (SIMS)
- Spanish speaking