Facility Security Officer ( FSO )
5 - 7 years experience • Aerospace / Defense
Facility Security Officer Annapolis Junction, MD
World leading ISR and defense Electronics Company is actively seeking an experienced Facility Security Officer. The FSO will help to sustain and improve our client’s security programs as they continue to grow their company.
This position is responsible for developing and implementing facility security measures and ensuring that the Facility's officers, directors, and employees comply with the provisions of the Facility's mitigation agreement. The FSO will serve as the primary advisor on all security matters and will maintain close working relationship with DSS and the security staff at other office locations. The FSO will provide leadership and direction for our client’s security program and will provide trusted expertise, guidance and advice to management as required, concerning all security administration functions in support of a NISP-complaint Security Department. Functions include the processing of personnel security clearances via the e-QIP system, record maintenance, understanding US Department of Defense security requirements, administering security awareness training programs and preparing classified visit requests.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews all security paperwork for completion, accuracy, Dayes, etc, using e-QIP
- Provides guidance and instruction to employees to ensure correct completion of security paperwork.
- Establishes and maintains a working relationship with DSS and files necessary clearance paperwork for new employees and periodic security related reviews for current employees.
- Maintains a working relationship with each contract’s security office for processing and maintaining employee clearances.
- Provides follow-up clearance status on processed clearances to managers for specific contracts opn a timely fasion
- Writes security policies/procedures and prepares written reports of surveys and inspections
- Maintains all security documentation and files in accordance with DSS requirements.
- Prepares necessary paperwork in support of a DSS review or annual visit and meets with DSS representative upon request.
- Prepares reports required by the Government Security Committee.
- Oversees and implements policy for information systems, physical, facility, and personnel security programs.
- Interacts with government agencies on classified matters.
- Manages Operations Security (OPSEC).
- Educates staff on security procedures.
- Responsible for visitor control functions and management of the guard force contract. Daily duties will include conducting new employee briefings, exit interviews and debriefings, investigating and reporting security violations, incident reports, and coordination of periodic reinvestigations and preparation of DD254 forms for subcontractors. Annual duties include conducting refresher trainings, self-inspections and DSS security reviews.
- Develops and implements the Technology Control Plan (TCP), Electronic Communications Plan (ECP), and Visitation Procedures.
- Ensures Affiliated Services being provided between the FOCI Company and the Affiliates that have been approved in advance by the federal Government Security Committee (GSC) and the Defense Security Service (DSS).
- Abide by and enforce the mitigation agreement in place.
- Ensure the Facility's officers, directors, and employees comply with the provisions of the Facility's mitigation agreement.
- Develop and submit a Facilities Location Plan (FLP) for DSS review and approval.
- Maintain day-to-day oversight to ensure all Affiliated Services, FLPs, TCPs, ECPs, and Visitation Procedures are fully implemented and effectively mitigate the FOCI.
- Communicate any material changes to the IS Rep early and often.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, security, or related field.
- Minimum five years of security management experience
- Must be certified as an FSO through the Defense IndustrialSecurity Program
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Minimum five years’ experience with DoD and Federal Security regulations
- Experience with US IC agencies is highly desirable
- Completion of Formal DSS Academy training course within one year of hire
- This position requires independent judgment and discretion, as well as the identification, analysis and resolution of security-related matters. The successful candidate will provide support for all security functions in accordance with the NISPOM to include managing PCLs associated with collateral and SCI programs.
- Experience maintaining records required for DSS reviews.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of internal staff and external clients.
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving and organizational skills with the ability to work in a team-based environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and general computer knowledge and skills.
- Familiar with Government Contracting requirements as related to Security.
- Ability to work independently and contend with frequently changing priorities and deadlines.
- Travel: 10-20% domestic and international.
Candidates must document US citizenship and active security clearance at Secret level or above.
The successful candidate will be provided with an excellent compensation and benefit package commensurate with his / her experience and qualifications.
SouthTek Resources is a full service tactical headhunting firm specializing in the unique staffing needs of the Technology, Defense and Aerospace, Security, Manufacturing, and Private Equity markets.
All your information will be kept confidential per EEO guidelines.
- Due to the nature of work performed within our client’s facilities, U.S. Citizenship and a Security Clearance is required.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. No Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
It is the policy of SouthTek Resources LLC that all employees and applicants for employment shall be provided equal consideration without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran, pregnancy, parenthood, status or marital status.