Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Space is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world. Every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to craft, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and build incredible products. We provide the resources, support, and the focus. You bring the passion and courage to envision limitless possibilities and we’ll build a better tomorrow with you. By applying the highest standards of business ethics and a forward-thinking mindset, we believe everything is within our reach – and yours -- as a Lockheed Martin employee.
As LM Space further enhances and develops a competitive enterprise for capturing new opportunities in the market, our facility Project Implementation organization is providing the path forward in a dynamic environment to stay ahead of facility infrastructure needs and construction innovations through projects supporting many types of space. Such projects include anechoic & thermal vacuum chamber test areas, critical manufacturing & assembly areas, technology support operations centers, and cutting-edge customer demonstration capabilities to name a few. Working in our organization, you’ll have the opportunity to use your education and experience to take on interesting challenges and become an integral part of our team as we build new or redesign current, state of the art engineering facilities. Come, be a part of our Facilities team in the dynamic world of Lockheed Martin Space.
Our location in Sunnyvale, CA has an immediate opportunity for an early-mid career Facilities Project Representative who wants to join our mission. In this exciting role, you will work on various facility projects that will vary from low complexity to higher technical specialized laboratories and unique testing chambers.
What does a typical Facilities Project Manager role involve at Lockheed Martin Space at this level?
• You will plan, direct, and manage all phases of construction projects from initiation of design concepts through design, implementation, and closeout
• You will ensure project requirements are defined, contract and contract changes are negotiated, operating budgets established, and financial terms/conditions of contract are identified
• You will act as the primary contact for facility project activities and be responsible for multiple concurrent project logistics & leadership, communication, reviews of cost, schedule and technical performance
• You will establish schedule milestones and monitor adherence to master plans, standards, construction specifications, budgets, and schedules
• You will identify problems, status and develop solutions such as allocation of resources or changing project scope assessment
• You will represent theFacilities organization and provide coordination with internal staff, external subcontractors, telecommunications, and other Space customer Lines of Business
• You will frequently interface with senior management on significant decision making or status
Our employees working in this level typically have 5 - 10 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking. Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Benefits you can enjoy include:
• Paid time off
• 25 three-day weekends
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
• At least 4-6 years of directly related experience
• Experience managing projects that include controlling scope, schedule and budget
• Experience managing a minimum of 10 different projects at one time
• Experience managing construction projects
• Experience managing project financial budgets and scheduling milestones related to project management ranging from one thousand dollars to 10 million dollars
• Understand how to interpret construction drawings/blueprints
• Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite including Project or another comparable planning tool
• Must be a US citizen and be able to obtain to obtain Security Clearance
• Project Engineering background highly desired
• Strong skills with Microsoft Project preferred
• Experience managing and negotiating project scopes, schedules and budgets with architectural & engineering firms, general contractors and subcontractors
• Understanding of FileMakerPro
• Skilled in AutoCAD poly lining and 2D designs and drawings
• Understanding of earned value management
• Ability to motivate team building and demonstrate excellent interpersonal customer skills, time management, and organizational strength
• Ability to develop solutions to a variety of complex problems, recommends or leads operational change as technical leader, or assist other peers
• Ability to prioritize projects between organizational direction and budget standard guidelines
• Self-starter and requires little to no direction.