About Adeptus Health
Adeptus Health is a leading patient-centered healthcare organization expanding access to the highest quality emergency medical care through its network of freestanding emergency rooms and partnerships with premier healthcare providers. All Adeptus Health freestanding facilities are fully equipped emergency rooms with a complete radiology suite of diagnostic technology, on-site laboratory, and staffed with board-certified physicians and emergency trained registered nurses. For the last four years, Adeptus Health has exceeded the 95th percentile in patient satisfaction according to patient feedback collected nationwide by Press Ganey Associates Inc. Adeptus Health also was named a 2016 and 2017 Best Workplaces in Healthcare by Great Place to Work® and Fortune Magazine. For more information, please visit adpt.com.
Responsibilities and Duties – Administrator
- Lead the nursing, radiology, and front office departments; provide conflict resolution for facility issues.
- Serves as primary contact for all internal communication.
- Monitors patient service feedback and contributes to the process of resolving complaints and service issues.
- Responsible for hiring, termination, and coordinating necessary HR approvals.
- Monitor, coach, develop and evaluate performance of staff on an ongoing basis in accordance with applicable performance standards. Collaborate with respective Directors/Regional Managers on technical aspects.
- Coordinate and conduct monthly facility meetings in collaboration with Facility Medical Director. Attend regional management meetings.
- Ensure staff is fully certified, facility inspections are current, and ER is performing in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The Facility Administrator is also the Facility Nurse Manager. Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for implementation and education of all new policies and procedures.
- Prepare monthly work schedule for department, schedule all PTO, and minimize overtime.
- Review all facility hours and submit to payroll.
- Responsible for covering any open nursing shifts in ER in the event no one is available.
- Responsible for orientation of new staff.
- Maintain Laboratory in accordance with CLIA, COLA, and TJC standards.
- Responsible for conducting regular inventory checks and ensuring the facility maintains par levels of patient care supplies.
- This role is expected to work two (2) clinical shifts per week.
Education and Experience:
- Graduate of an accredited school of Professional Nursing, preferably with a Baccalaureate or Master’s Degree in Nursing.
- Current registration and licensure with the Board of Nurse Examiners for the state or a Compact state.
- Minimum 3 years of recent ER experienceor 2 years of recent Level 1 or 2 Trauma Experience with >/= 75,000 visits per year (TX & CO).
- 2 years of recent ER experience(ARIZONA ONLY)
- 2 years of management experiencepreferred.
- Current BLS for the Healthcare Provider, ACLS, PALS, CEN. Must have a current card from an American Heart Association (AHA) recognized course.
- CEN, TNCC, and ENPC preferred.
- Experience obtaining and maintaining certification through TJC and state regulatory bodies.