An employee-owned company with more than $4 billion in sales, Scoular employs more than 1,000 people in over 100 offices and facilities in North and South America, and Asia. For 125 years, feed and food customers have been counting on Scoular people to create safe and reliable supply chain solutions for end-users and suppliers of grain, feed ingredients, and food ingredients around the globe.
The Facility Manager will primarily oversee all facility operations, business development, and farmer origination of Montana grains. There are many marketing opportunities to develop, including expanding the cross-country trade to compliment Scoular’s growing influence in the intermountain region. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced manager to step into a 30-year business, with new ideas and build upon an already solid operation. This is a well-established business with loyal producers and experienced staff. Also, a great place for an outdoor enthusiast.
- Maintain facility safety programs and documentation to ensure compliance with both current and changing OSHA / FSMA regulations.
- Oversee all aspects of inventory management, including product segregation, maintaining inventory quality, ensuring inbound loads meet expectations, minimizing shrink, and maximizing mix and blend capabilities.
- Coordinate all logistical functions, including but not limited to inbound truck and outbound rail. This includes forecasting and ordering railcars, managing inbound loads, and ensuring outbound loads are delivered on time and meet contract specifications.
- Direct merchandisers and assist in grain origination.
- Ensure grain is purchased responsibly by maintaining bids, staying within position limits, maintain hand positions, and assisting Business Unit Managers in making trade decisions.
- Maintain current customer base and seek new customers to grow the business and expand opportunities.
- Complete all administrative functions by reviewing settlements, managing contract execution, maintaining accurate inventories, approving all accounts payable, and through regular report maintenance.
- Direct all employees and customers in daily processes on Scoular property. Manage employees and the facility with the highest standards to ensure safety of employees, and business partners, and to ensure that good customer relations are maintained.
- Manage P&L through proper execution of contracts, and by minimizing expenses without compromising the longevity of the business.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the Grain Industry
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
The Scoular Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer