Our network of greater San Antonio hospitals includes: Methodist Hospital, Methodist Children’s Hospital, Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital, Northeast Methodist Hospital, Metropolitan Methodist Hospital, Methodist Ambulatory Surgery Hospital, Methodist Stone Oak Hospital, Methodist Texsan Hospital, and Methodist Hospital South. We also have 2 freestanding emergency centers, Methodist Boerne Emergency Center and Metropolitan Methodist Emergency Center. At each of our facilities, Methodist Healthcare offers an outstanding selection of doctors, healthcare professionals, equipment and health services from wellness events to transplant services, pediatrics, dermatology, cardiology, oncology and a complete range of other medical services in the South Texas region. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com. We offer you a generous benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental, disability and life insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Discount Program
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Serves as advisor and lead for all marketing, PR and communications for facility.
- Works closely with MHS AVP of Marketing and Director of Communications to design specific facility marketing and communication plans, based on MHS business objectives.
- Works closely with Manager of Community Affairs to implement MHS outreach initiatives (such as Hope Fund, runs, walks, etc) and community partnership activities as well as design and implementation of facility Community Health Improvement Plans (CHIP).
- Works with MHS Director, Corporate Communications to seek out hospital stories to drive positive perception of facilities, programs and people for internal efforts and for earned media efforts.
- Responsible for management of reputation management processes and monitoring for the facility.
- Works with Director, Creative Services to develop materials needed in print, online, digital, video, blog and web.
- Works with MHS marketing team to manage social media and digital communities via regular, active posts and information sharing.
- Researches, writes and edits press releases and media alerts.
- Stays abreast of hospital news, trends, services, and objectives through building and maintaining relationships with various “clients” (clinical and operational leaders from throughout the hospital), physicians, physician liaisons, and others who serves as resources for information.
- Works with Director of Communications to determine appropriate facility spokesperson for hospital events and news stories.
- Plans and coordinates special events related to milestones and media stories.
- Manages crisis communications for the facility and rotates as an on-call PR representative for the System.
- Acts as PIO during facility emergency management drills and real time situations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, public relations, journalism, English, communications, or related field.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar position that required media relations and event planning.
- Must have 5 years (intermediate) experience in Microsoft programs including Word, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint to include organization-wide communications for internal and external stakeholders
Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
Job Code: 08164-89435