he Facility Manager isresponsible for the daily operation of the facility. The individual will lead and manageinternal personnel, third party service providers, and external vendors. The individual will beresponsible for upholding the propertylease agreement and maintaining positive customer relations. This person will beresponsible for followingOSHA and DOT safety guidelines, conducting business as outlined by company policy, and using personal integrity to accomplish goals. The individual will beresponsible for achieving P&L goals, safety standards, performance and productivity goals, customer service standards and meeting NGS quality requirements. The individual will drive continuous process improvements through workinginternally with key facility personnel.
- Manage and lead facility personnel in the accomplishment of company strategies and objectives.
- Ensure facility is operating within budgetary constraints and manage the P&L statement making adjustments where necessary.
- Manage complexities of a newly automated warehouse environment and contribute to creation and documentation of appropriate Standard Work Practices as it relates to Parcel Warehouse Automation.
- Ensure daily productivity and service standards are being met by the use of the methods outlined by the company standard operating procedure.
- Ensure OSHA and DOT regulations are enforced and that all required documents are kept up to date.
- Act as a point of contact for regional third party service providers and/or local customers.
- Generate reports and performance measures for both productivity and service.
- Communicate and implement company policy changes.
- Provide coaching and training for facility personnel to learn skills for current job and developmental areas.
- Manage local transportation dispatching and scheduling.
- Maintain the local relationship with USPS personnel.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, operations or related field. (Preferred)
- 5 – 10 plus years experience in a large facility management role including 10 plus years experience in parcel transportation.
- Demonstrate leadership ability and experience supervising a diverse workforce.
- Ability to lead, motivate and mentor facility personnel.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Computer literacy for usage of e-mail, MS Office applications, intranet, and file management and integration.
- Able to effectively prioritize and handle simultaneous responsibilities.
- Knowledge of DOT and OSHA regulations.