- Lead and direct all aspects and daily operations of the facility to ensure safety, efficiency, and profitability.
- Manage facility assets.
- Manage the location’s workforce:
- determine and maintain the appropriate staffing levels
- manage employee performance
- manage, coach and develop direct reports
- provide a safe work environment
- maintain necessary training
- resolve work related employee issues.
- Forecast and budget for facility profitability.
- Create and promote profitable riches.
- Promote and enforce EH&S programs.
- Assist with building key relationships with suppliers and the community.
- Maintain thorough knowledge on the developments of agricultural products and/or practices through continued education.
- Coordinate ordering of fertilizer, seed and chemicals.
- Maintain and account for inventory.
- Provide and ensure excellent customer service for internal and external customers.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Minimum four years demonstrated experience in vocational agricultural or in a combination in supervisory, education and work experience.
- Agricultural based degree desired.
- Proven knowledge of standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the agricultural industry as well as the application of agricultural chemicals and fertilizers.
- Ability to work autonomously with very limited guidance from a senior manager.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage people.
- Ability to understand and manage the location’s P/L objectives.
- Valid driver’s license required; CDL may be required.
- Travel may be required.
Physical Requirements, including but not limited to:
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs; between 25 – 150 times per day
- Capacity to walk in uneven fields 2-3 miles per day
- General ability to sit, stoop, bend, climb, stand, walk and work on concrete floors for long periods at a time, up to 8-10 hours per day