Kite, a Gilead Company, is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of novel cancer immunotherapy products designed to harness the power of a patient’s own immune system to selectively target and kill cancer cells. Our core technology involves the genetic engineering of T cells, or white blood cells, to express either chimeric antigen receptors (CARs) or T cell receptors (TCRs) for the treatment of advanced solid and hematological malignancies. We are on a rapid growth trajectory and have a highly energized and accomplished team driving to new frontiers of care for cancer patients.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join us as a facility manager of a new research and clinical production facility located in Gaithersburg, Maryland. This facility will focus on the new challenging field of fully personalized T cell neoantigen reactive therapy for solid tumors using individual patient neoantigen TCRs. Reporting to the Head of Technical Operations this manager position ensures critical day to day running of the facility infrastructure to support both fast pace research and clinical production capability. This will include driving the facility start up objectives and longer term operation goals to ensure flexible, responsive and reliable operations to deliver challenging new cures to patients.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
• BS degree in engineering or related field or equivalent experience required.
• At least 8+ years of facility infrastructure & operations management for clinical GMP production in biotech/biopharma industry, preferably Tcell manufacture.
• Demonstrated ability to work and collaborate in cross functional teams, research, development, manufacturing in a fast pace, dynamic team setting.
• Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential.
• Advanced degree such as an MBA or PhD would be an advantage
• High energy level and a positive outlook coupled with the requisite “can do” attitude and a willingness to do what it takes to achieve personal and organizational goals and overcome obstacles.
• Ability to adapt in a constantly evolving environment
• Self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership in areas of responsibility