Facility Manager (Rookery South Energy Recovery Facility)
The Facility Manager will be responsible for leading and managing a team of operations, maintenance, and plant support employees. Incumbent must demonstrate the ability to lead others toward meeting or exceeding financial, operational, and performance goals in a power generation environment. Supports the Business Manager and facilitates successful client relations and management of financial and contractual matters. The Facility Manager is a strong advocate for our environmental and safety efforts while developing long-term, positive relationships with the local community.
Responsible for all plant personnel, policies, and programs. Examples include employee morale, staffing levels, training efforts, and safety issues.
- Maximize EBITDA and free cash flow (FCF) of business unit
- Maintain and execute long term strategy focused on asset preservation and growth with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Coordinates all outage and maintenance planning including utilizing regional and corporate resources when necessary to maximize effectiveness.
- Operates the facility in a manner that protects the health and safety of employees and visitors as a first priority which includes maintaining intimate familiarity with all regulations and corporate safety policies governing the operation of the facility.
- Operates the facility in a manner to ensure environmental compliance which includes maintaining all intimate familiarity with all regulations and permits governing the operation of the facility.
- Works closely with the Business Manager to pursue opportunities aimed at maximizing the return on all assets associated with the facility. This includes taking the leading role to address all operational and technical issues in order to capitalize on the opportunities.
- Sets goals and objectives for all functional areas of the plant and monitor progress.
- Continuously strives to improve the condition and performance of the facility and takes primary responsibility for all operating expenses.
- Coordinates staff efforts to solve problems and respond to opportunities as well as motivate the team to encourage personal and professional growth.
- Participates in public forums to support business development and community outreach.
- Maintains effective relationships with local political and community leaders.
- Ensures compliance with Covanta Technical Standards, Policies and Procedure
- Ensures compliance with environmental standards and applicable governmental regulations.
- Assists the Regional Vice President with other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a technical degree program; Master’s degree.
- Minimum of 10 years experience with a proven track record of increasing managerial responsibility in a power plant environment.