Commercial Office Building
- Perform preventive maintenance on mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems as directed.
- Assist in the repair of facility equipment.
- Respond to tenant requests and take corrective action if applicable. If in need of assistance, contact Property Manager/Assistant Property Manager/engage consultants when approved.
- Ability to read construction plans and oversee tenant and building construction and base building projects.
- Oversee all boiler and oil tank storage permits (FDNY and Dept. of Environmental protection)
- Oversee and direct any base building trades and staff that are working at the property
- Sweep and mop machinery rooms and other areas if directed and applicable.
- Remove snow and ice from grounds of the property or properties if applicable.
- Provide direction and oversite of contractors, provide access (open doors) as necessary.
- Report any observed equipment malfunctions and unusual/unsafe conditions to the Assistant Property Manager or Property Manager.
- Work on special projects as directed.
- May work after hours or overtime as requested.
- Assist in budgeting process for facility
- Oversee and approve payroll for building staff, when applicable
- High School diploma or general educationdegree (GED)
- Three to Five years of related maintenance experience and/or training
- Knowledge on how to operate the FCS and life safety systems (sprinkler drain downs, etc)
- Knowledge of basic electricity, basic plumbing, basic HVAC skills, and carpentry.
- Ability to use, properly and effectively, power and hand tools
- Great communication skills – verbal and written
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- Low Pressure Boiler
- Citywide Sprinkler
- Citywide Standpipe
- Fire Guard for Torch Use