The Facility Manager is responsible for managing the overall operation of a public-private partnership (P3) Facility in areas of safety & security, comfort, productivity and efficiency to the standards of the contract and to the customer’s satisfaction 24/7/365 including but not limited to the following duties and responsibilities.
This is a management position in a P3 environment to manage multiple functions of building operations and maintenance for the addition to the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, CAMH.
• Strong understanding of the P3 contract methodology, reporting and delivery of services.
• Strong understanding of electrical and mechanical systems, security systems and other facility services on a busy hospital campus.
• Strong ability to establish and maintain effective business relationships with customers, suppliers and subcontractors, ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction.
• Review work orders to ensure they are completed within expected KPIs and timelines.
• Conduct facility inspections and prepare reports.
• Coordinates and manages moves, additions and change activities.
• Prepares and manages capital projects, operating budgets and variance reports.
• Provides some financial/business analysis including preparation of reports.
• Serve as the on-site manager representing Engie Services; supervise and train and mentor employees to ensure compliance with all provisions of the project.
• Produce results as per plans and financial targets
• Implement and monitor a Quality Assurance Program.
• Implement and manage FMO programs/systems.
• Participate in annual planning and input to a business plan in accordance with Engie and contractual objectives.
• Actively participate in the prevention of accidents and promote a safe working environment.
• Ensure Engie complies procedurally and in spirit with provincial, client and company occupational health and safety policies and procedures.
• Establish a program to acquire, store and account for all materials, tools, and equipment.
• Co-ordinate with the Purchasing Manager for maintenance materials and equipment.
• Delegate requests as appropriate.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Possess strong detailed understanding of P3 contracts with Hospital experience
• 10 years experience of progressive facilities maintenance from the trades or through education, (any relevant degree, diploma or experience will be evaluated);
• Strong technical & management background and excellent planning and organizing ability;
• High level of customer orientation / understanding;
• Excellent Software knowledge: Microsoft Office (Outlook, PowerPoint, MS Project, Excel, Word);
• Excellent knowledge of computerized maintenance programs (CMMS) a must; QFM an asset;
• Excellent trouble shooting and problem solving experience in a medium to large organization;
• Available for on call problems;
• Excellent commercial and negotiation experience;
• Ability to understand and interpret complex documents, blueprints, As-Builts and schematics;
• Excellent verbal and written communication in English;
• Ability and willingness to work in adverse weather conditions, enclosed spaces, heights up to 80 feet on suspended or elevated platforms and work on roof tops;
• Safety & Quality oriented;
• Valid Driver’s License;
• Maintain a high level of technical expertise;
• Able to pass all background checks and obtain a security clearance as per hospital requirements;
• Facility Management Administrator (FMA), Certified Facility Manager (CFM) or Real Property Administrator (RPA) (an asset) or subsequent level ofexperience.