- Experience Required: 5+ yrs
- Education Required: Bachelors Degree
The Facility Maintenance Engineer provides project management at the plant/facility whereby he/she directs, coordinates and controls the activities of subcontractors as well as facility personnel assigned to various projects.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K/RRSP with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Assists plant GM in developing capital projects list for the facility and helps develop budget costs for such projects
- Provides engineering support to plant maintenance department on an as needed basis and coordinates planning of scheduled outage of major systems
- Provides engineering support for the design and development of capital projects and assists in obtaining necessary permits
- Coordinates the project activities at the plant level with all involved departments such as operation, management, maintenance, compliance and Health and Safety
- As a part of the project management, assures equipment & services procurement and compliance with all predetermined applicable regulations and company policies
- Maintains control over project cost, construction and project schedules and providing periodic update reports of the assigned capital projects
- Attends all plant management meetings and provides engineering assistance for maintenance and other projects to assure proper and timely repairs, modifications and improvements to equipment and systems
- Provide proper engineering support, maintains working understanding of all permits related to the facility and all applicable regulations related to buildings, structures, processes and general waste handling activities at the site
- Provides assistance to other facilities engineering personnel on an as needed basis
- Maintains complete documentation and updated facility drawings on file at the facility
- Documents modifications, alterations, improvements to the facility via drawings and records on an ongoing basis
- Reviews and assists maintenance department in developing, maintaining and assuring execution of preventive maintenance program (PM)
- Reviews maintenance records and informs plant management and facilities engineering management of any warranted improvements to the plan
- Provides engineering inspection of the equipment and systems for their proper use and maintenance
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field (preferred)
- 2+ years of project management experience
- Working knowledge of ACAD, Excel and Microsoft projects
- Knowledge of equipment, systems and processes such as instrumentation, piping, valves, pumps, material of construction, coating systems, fire detection and controls, material handling and building/structure maintenance
- Ability to meet physical requirements (including but not limited to lifting 50 lbs., climbing on/off forklift, color determination, standing, pulling, pushing, carrying, reaching, stooping, crouching, smelling)