Major Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage facility engineering staff using best practices in project management in order to meet the needs our facility and physical plant.
- Mentor existing staff, as well as new hires and interns to reach their potential.
- Oversee facility capital and expense activities, including engineering design, quotations, scheduling, installing, and start-up to ensure desired outcomes are attained.
- Ensure that these activities comply with all Federal, State and local regulations and codes.
- Oversee the tracking and reporting of the budget to ensure that they adhere to plan.
- Support strategic planning through the monitoring of facility utilities, infrastructure and systems.
- Perform life cycle analysis activities to recommend needed repair or replacement projects.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to manage and lead people in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate and coordinate with employees verbally and in writing.
- Working knowledge of the engineering and maintenance requirements of industrial facilities.
- Familiarity with various mechanical systems and physical plant equipment including but not limited to boilers, HVAC pumps, fans, generators, electrical systems, compressors, dust collectors, humidification and fire protection equipment.
- Ability to provide technical support to staff and others with interpreting mechanical specifications and operational manuals.
- Must be results driven, bottom line oriented and constantly seeking efficiency/productivity improvements.
Qualifications (Education & Experience):
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field preferred.
- History of success managing team-based projects.
- 10 years of facilities related work experience.
- 5 years in a managerial or leadership role.