- Perform engineering analysis of facility mechanical systems, make design decisions, and provide proposals for solutions to facility engineering issues at multiple factories.
- Support or lead execution of projects including compressed air systems, HVAC systems, plumbing systems, industrial gas/fluid systems, energy management, and fire protection systems. Support or lead value engineering efforts to produce a cost effective designs.
- Communicate and ensure a collaborative environment with high performance teamwork with Unit leadership, Manufacturing Engineering, environmental staff, supply management, maintenance, facilities staff, consultants, and contractors.
- Provide life, safety and building code analysis on facilities projects and support and implement programs within the organization to prevent injuries and illnesses. Assist in the identification and resolution of potential environmental, safety, ergonomic and health hazards.
- Coordinate with internal Supply Management to develop project sourcing strategy and research market for qualified suppliers of materials and services. Prepare purchase requisitions for management approval.
US Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position.
What Skills You Need
- 5+ years of experience with Mechanical Engineering systems and design.
- Demonstrated multi-discipline project management experience on projects of up to $10M in capital spend focusing on schedule, budget and quality expectations with the ability to prioritize multiple active projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated experience in procuring and coordinating multiple skilled trades, contractors, and outside consultants to achieve project objectives
- Experience with applying engineering systems design principles in or to support a manufacturing environment
- Experience with computer aided design
- Ability to collaborate with factory leadership to deliver solutions that are aligned with factories' strategies and goals
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25%
- Ability and willingness to work occasional off shift support, weekends and holiday as required by the project work
What Makes You Stand Out
Other areas of experience or interest that will help us place you on the right team include:
- Registration as a licensed professional engineer or equivalent
- Formal project management training and PMP Certificate (Project Management Professional)
- Knowledge of construction industry project delivery methods, controls, and constructioncontract management
- Cross competency experience with Manufacturing Engineering, Operations Supervision, Supply Management, Environmental, or Maintenance Engineering
- Experience with Building Information Modeling and Integrated Project Delivery Methods
- Working knowledge of building codes, OSHA Safety standards, quality and environmental laws, regulations and goals
- Working knowledge of Factory Mutual Global loss prevention guidelines
Education (or equivalent work experience)
- Ideally you will have a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering disciplines and/or related discipline(s).
- MBA desirable