Position Summary: The Facility Development Engineering group, within the Capital Projects Organization, provides FEL 0, 1, and 2 project development support to the Alaska Business Unit. Facility Development Engineers advance ideas, opportunities, problems, regulatory issues, etc. as presented by the Exploration, Development and Operations groups, through FEL 0, 1, and 2 study work to the single concept decision point when the projects are handed off to project leads for further development and delivery. Development Engineers in this role typically participate in or lead multi-discipline teams to provide development concept options/framing, cost and schedule ranges, and project risking. Responsibilities may include:
- Providing front end scope evaluation for facility projects in the early project development phases (FEL-0/1/2) within the Alaska business unit
- Working with the operating unit Geology/Geoscience & Reservoir Engineering teams to identify facility solutions for the field development goals
- Working with operations, maintenance and facilities engineering in the operating fields to identify facility constraints and opportunities for strategic debottlenecking or expansion
- Developing scoping estimates for identified opportunities and working with client groups to generate screening economics
- Transitioning opportunities into the Capital Projects Organization by working with project leaders and client groups to define business & project objectives
- Ensuring that facility and subsurface FEL plans are aligned
- Outlining issues requiring resolution during FEL 2b project phases and establishing the FEL2 basis of design & estimates
- Providing technical support to the project leaders during the FEL 2b project phase
- Developing an understanding of the key risks and issues that impact project schedules and costs to develop appropriate ranges of outcome and risk mitigation plans
- Ensuring that industry best practices and appropriate advanced technologies are applied in early project framing
- Actively participating in the appropriate corporate knowledge networks as applicable, may include Development Engineering, Arctic Technology, Facility Optimization, Heavy Oil and Project Managementnetworks
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering
- 5+ years of direct experience in project and/or facility engineering
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering.
- 10+ years of experience in a combination of project and facility engineering roles is preferred.
- Proficient with typical upstream facility mechanical process design principles such as multiphase flow, separator/ pump/compressor capacity evaluation, pipe/valve sizing, etc.
- North Slope experience, project leadership, and experience working on capital project teams.
- Team player with strong collaboration skills combined with the ability to communicate with a wide variety of individuals and differing functional accountabilities.
- Innovative and creative thinker, with ability to generate ideas with business value.
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and assess business value of potential facility changes, make recommendations and proceed accordingly with effective influencing skills.
- Excellent conceptual thinker with the ability to frame complex development scenarios.
- Good understanding of decision and risk analysis (D&RA) and the COP Capital Project Management System (CPMS).
- Well developed planning and organization skills, including the ability to work independently, prioritize activities, meet commitments and proactively manage time in a dynamic, changing, work environment.
- Ability/desire to share best practices/key learning (good and bad) across the organization.
- Delivers results through realistic planning to accomplish goals
- Generates effective solutions based on available information and makes timely decisions that are safe and ethical
- Listens actively and invites dialogue for shared understanding, then influences and acts to drive performance and achieve results
- Builds strong relationships based on trust and seeks collaboration across organizational boundaries to achieve goals
Job ID: 00RET