- Directs, manages and makes decisions regarding the daily executive and security operations at the Pittsburgh Campus.
- This requires position to be on call 24 hours 365 days a year.
- Campus security is directly responsible for providing a safe and secure environment for all employees, contractors and asset protection.
- Direction includes the development of procedures, policies and practices utilized by the contract security personnel.
- Position also requires coordination with local authorities and nearby businesses including FBI and Homeland Security.
- Management includes all contractors and third party personnel who provide security.
- The manager is also responsible for the systems and service providers that support the peripheral systems and devices utilized by the security personnel.
- Governance and oversight of 3rd party outsource providers (outsource vs Covestro FTE is the strategy for these services) in which team is responsible for delivering all site logistical and related services such as mail distribution, warehousing internal and 3rd parties inventories, employee moves, and record management services. Governance includes establishing and defining standards and guidelines for services delivered by the team. Routine auditing and rating of the services is also part of the responsibilities. Records that are being managed include critical legal, medical and business documents. Successful management of these records is key business function.
- Provide oversight and governance of the facilities and services supporting Food/Cafeteria/Catering operations. Oversight of the contractual arrangements with the company or companies responsible for providing food services at Covestro is a key responsibility. Manage and oversee the service providers and assure the Covestro owned cafeteria equipment operates with a high degree of availability. Monthly audits of the coffee supplies are also part of the responsibilities.
- Manage and direct site events. These events are a key component to employee engagement at the facility. The events are highly visible and require detailed coordination of service providers, staff, employees and upper management. Examples of these events include but are not limited to: Site Town Hall events, Global Safety Day, HR and CFO site events, Charity Events. The manager must participate in key site committees and teams.
- Manage and oversee the vehicle fleet assigned to the Pittsburgh Campus. Ensure that all procedures and guidelines are being followed.
- Must develop talent and motivate internal and external staff to provide a high standard of customer service and conflict resolution expertise.
WHAT YOU OFFER
- Master's degree + 6 years of experience, a Bachelor’s degree +8 years of experience or a high school diploma and 16 years of experience in a management function.
- At least 2 years of experience in security management
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Direct customer facing activities such as presentations, sales and issue management.
- Ability to organize, direct, make decisions and motivate employees and third party providers to provide quality and cost effective services to achieve organization goals and business
- Ability to synthesize information and develop solutions to problems using creativity, reasoning, and past experience combined with available information and resources.
- Demonstrate alignment with Covestro’s Values (Curious, Courageous and Colorful).
- Demonstrated ability to influence people and lead change, project and initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to interact and communicate effectively at all levels and individuals from various parts of the organization and external customers
- Ability to design, plan, organize and implement projects and tasks with in allotted timeframe according to defined cost and quality parameters.
- Ability to create a team oriented cohesive environment in which employees are motivated to deliver results beyond the defined criteria.
- Ability to manage multiple work assignments and oversee the work of other team members.
- Provides a positive working environment to help facilitate changes.
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with employees even when the results may not be to their liking. The person is respected and appreciated for their contribution.
- Ability to work in a professional manner while achieving common goals.
- Although teamwork is critical, this person can operate independently with minimal supervision.
- Does not place boundaries on their current responsibilities and is willing to evolve and change with the needs of the organization.
- Ability to utilize the latest desktop applications (Microsoft Office 365).