Oversees facilities support group operations of a site including site services, Laboratory equipment maintenance, space planning, and/or engineering projects. Implements policies, standards, services and programs, ensuring a high level of service, quality, timeliness and cost-effectiveness.
- Coordinates facility support team activities
- Assists in the coordination, scheduling, budgeting and completion of long-range support group planning.
- Supports and lead projects related to instrumentation IQ/OQ/PQ.
- Maintains monthly and yearly records of expenditures.
- Prepares funding requests for projects and maintains project records, status, and schedules
- Prepares periodic manpower forecasts and space projections.
- Recruits, trains and develops employees.
Education and Experience:
Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 5+ years).
5 + years of leadership responsibility
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of cost accounting, project cost management and budgeting
- Excellent project management skills
- General understanding of laboratory operations to support team
- GMP experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Manages experienced professionals and / or subordinate management who exercise latitude and independence in their assignments. Often heads one or more sections or a small department.
Working Conditions and Environment:
- Work is performed in an office environment with exposure to electrical office equipment.
- Frequently drives to site locations and frequently travels both domestic and international.
- Frequent mobility required.
- May be stationary for 4-6 hours per day.
- Repetitive hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists.
- Frequent crouching, stooping, bending and twisting of upper body and neck.
- Light to moderate lifting and carrying (or otherwise moving) objects, including luggage and laptop computer, with a maximum lift of 25 lbs. required frequently.
- Lifting / carrying objects of 26-50+ lbs. required occasionally
- Ability to access and use a variety of computer software developed both in-house and off-the-shelf.
- Ability to communicate information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- May interact with others, relating and gathering sensitive information. Interaction includes diverse groups.
- Works with guidance or reliance on oral or written instructions from management. May require periods of intense concentration.
- Performs a wide range of variable tasks as dictated by variable demands and changing conditions with little predictability as to the occurrence. Ability to perform under stress. Ability to multitask.
- Regular and consistent attendance.
PPD is an affirmative action employer that values diversity as a strength and fosters an environment of mutual respect. PPD provides equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, pregnancy, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or other status within any other protected group.