$150K — $200K *
Description:Lockheed Martin Rotary and Missions Systems (RMS) has an exciting opportunity within the Facilities Strategy and Affordability team for a Staff Level Experienced Professional dedicated to strategic space planning and project management. The selected candidate will develop strategic concepts and plans for effective and efficient utilization of space, properties, and infrastructure, supporting the long-range business objectives, while optimizing the real estate portfolio. The position will require the selected candidate to drive profitability and efficiency, working closely with the RMS Facilities organization, as well as program and functional leadership across RMS to understand facilities requirements. Supports on-going space utilization audits across a 17M SF portfolio, to ensure efficient use of space, and proposes opportunities for efficiencies.
As project manager, oversees and manages the operational aspects of ongoing projects and serves as liaison between project management and planning, project team, and senior management. Reviews the status of projects and budgets; manages schedules and prepares status reports. Assesses project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives.
Travel across the RMS Business Area sites is anticipated, as necessary, to facilitate enterprise-wide operating excellence initiatives. The ability to communicate and collaborate across a broad range of functional competencies, Lines of Business, and senior leadership is required. This position will require advanced organizational and communication skills across a broad spectrum of organizational entities. Experience building positive relationships, communicating across functional and physical boundaries and improving processes is required. Ability to work independently, as well as being a positive team player and willingness to support other team members on a proactive basis in any capacity is needed.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Work with program and functional leadership to understand facilities requirements.
• Support satellite sites within the Business Area for development of strategic facilities plans, including CAD documentation of current floor plans and optimizing the space utilization.
• Develop high level facilities estimates to be incorporated into business cases and analysis for determining the best solutions to achieve business objectives.
• Develop long range schedules of project plans to determine critical path and key milestones.
• Establish milestones and monitor adherence to master plans, budgets and schedules. Identify schedule variance and develops solutions.
• Provide clear, concise, and regular communication of progress and status to senior facilities leadership, including PowerPoint presentations of concepts and progress.
• Develop/prepare reporting metrics for analysis of space utilization (office/lab/warehouse/etc), analyze and calculate projections.
• Drive affordability solutions.
• Prepare recommendation to mitigate variance from plan, identify trends, determine system improvements, implement change.
• Facilities space planning / space utilization experience
• Experience in project and budget planning & tracking
• Project management and estimating
• Strong analytical skills & record of fiscal accountability
• Strong leadership, planning and organizing, and interpersonal skills
• Ability to travel domestically and/or internationally (~10%)
• Self-starter, team-player, action-oriented
• Innovative problem solver
• Detail oriented
• Demonstrated effective communication skills including verbal, listening, and presentations
• Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills, including collaboration and developing enduring business relationships
• BA/BS degree in Business, Engineering, or Design/Architecture, with 10+ years’ experience
• Advanced skills with Excel
• Advanced skills with Power Point
• MS Office
• Advanced skills with MS Project
• Data analytics systems, tools & technology
• Experience analyzing business or financial data
• Strategic-minded, big picture thinker
• Experience across multiple sites/business areas
• Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certified
• Familiarity with RMS sites and business
Valid through: 9/1/2020