Burns & McDonnell’s Business & Technology Solutions (BTS) division is seeking an energetic, accomplished sales & business development professional with demonstrated success in selling technology and professional services to facility owners and operators. The Business Development Manager will be responsible for growing BTS market share in existing food & beverage, industrial, manufacturing, and mission critical facilities. Utilizing direct to market and internal channel sales strategies, the Business Development Manager will be responsible for creating, managing and closing facility solution opportunities.
Facility solutions are comprised of partnered technologies, proprietary applications, and associated professional and consulting services.
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for creating a territory sales plan, incorporating sales enablement of internal channel partners, targeted account plans, and field marketing strategy.
This person will play a key role in developing new business and managing key facility and accounts working directly with BTS leadership to rapidly expand the global practice. This person will be responsible for implementing a structured sales plan aimed at generating new business and building strong, trust-based relationships with internal champions and customer decision makers at the “CXO” level.
- Identify new business opportunities for facility solutions with current and prospective facility clients in order to drive pipeline growth
- Create high activity levels in assigned region presenting BTS capabilities within sales meetings, external marketing events and internal enablement sessions
- Collaborate internally with other Burns & McDonnell facility-centric business units and regional offices, with an external focus to maximize existing client opportunities and develop new clients
- Collaborate with business development managers, business line leads, project managers, and proposal production staff on client proposals, RFI’s and RFQ’s
- Utilize CRM for forecasting opportunities, contact management, sales notes, and campaign follow up
- Identify and align BTS capabilities to current market trends, informing offering creation and iteration. Develop and maintain high levels of solution competency.
- Identify opportunities by working with existing technology partners that include ESRI, OSIsoft, Oracle and others
- Close new business deals by coordinating requirements, developing and negotiating contracts, and integrating contract requirements with business operations
- Attend and participate in professional associations. Strive for leadership roles in select professional associations
- Build relationships with clients at highest possible corporate level
- Lead annual marketing and sales planning process for region
- Meet and exceed sales targets
- Execute assigned reporting – forecasting, expense, activity, etc.
- Minimum 10 years related professional experience in marketing, business development/sales and at least 5 years of equivalent facility industry experience preferably in one of these markets (food & beverage, industrial, manufacturing or mission critical)
- Must demonstrate solution selling capability inclusive of services and technology
- Understand the core functions and business models of facility clients
- Be able to identify opportunities by working with existing technology partners that include ESRI, OSIsoft, Oracle and others
- Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills; strong interpersonal skills; and the ability to clearly and effectively present complex information to all levels of employees, management, and clients.
- Must have expert knowledge in the use of basic computer software (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team selling environment
- Must be proactive and organized
- Must be a creative problem solver