POWER Engineers, Inc – Facilities Business Unit, Program Management Department, is currently seeking a Senior Program/Project Manager to work out of our Appleton, Wisconsin; Atlanta, Georgia; Boise, Idaho; or Minneapolis, Minnesota offices.
Roles and Responsibilities
- This role requires the Senior Program/Project Manager (PM) to travel to Client Sites to provide close coordination with Plant Personnel and the Client to drive plant projects to successful completion within budget and schedule constraints. This role may require the management of parallel multiple plant projects from concept development and approval, detailed design, construction, and startup. Position requires close coordination with the Plant Project Team and may require serving as the Client PM for all aspects of project delivery.
- The ideal candidate will have experience with managing Engineer/Procure/Construct (EPC) Food & Beverage and other industrial or facilities energy client capital projects.
- This role will have an organizational focus on leading, implementing and executing our Project Control efforts with capital project scheduling and cost control.
- Travel throughout the US may be extensive.
- Work teams typically include POWER and Client internal and external stakeholders, Vendors and Contractors in multiple locations. PM will work closely with Plant Qualified Contractors to develop all aspects of project execution.
- The candidate will perform Program Management duties on larger programs as required.
- Responsibilities may include leading multi-organizational client teams and contributing talent in Program Management, Permitting, Engineering, Project Controls, Stakeholder Alignment and Construction.
- This position also typically functions as a Project Manager/Construction Manager supporting both engineering management & construction administration including oversight of contractors.
- The candidate will extensively utilize Prolog and/or Procore project management software, along with MS Project.
- The candidate will be expected to support and lead, as required, independent business development efforts for Program Management in the region.
- The candidate must be successful at determining & implementing the needs of the Client; coordinating engineering/design with POWER’s design PM; procuring work from clients & contractors; delivering the client’s safety program; site observation and coordination of the contractors implementing the work; and, handling coordination with the Client for FAT testing, Start Up, Commissioning and Close Out of the systems being installed. Candidate must have the ability to adapt to the various internal procedures of the client which is essential in ensuring that the key issues of cost, time, quality and above all, client satisfaction, can be realized.
- The candidate may also need to lead a multi-disciplined project team through engineering design and implementation.
- Minimum of 10 years direct or A&E consulting experience in the Food & Beverage or industrial and facilities industry.
- 10+ years of project management, engineering, procurement & construction (EPC) experience.
- BS in Electrical, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering Discipline from an accredited institution required.
- Must have a strong command of the English language with good written and oral communication skills.
- The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, work independently, and travel frequently with extended periods at client locations to fully integrate as a member of the Client Plant Project Team.
- Experience developing and tracking schedules, budgets with cost analysis, construction administration, management of engineering design and client project teams, proposal writing & presentation skills.
- Experience managing capital projects for a CPG company as an owner or engineering consultant.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer (PE)
- Software familiarity with MS Office Suite, MS Project and Primavera P6, Prolog and Procore cost control, contract management, and document management systems preferred
- PMI Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) or intent to obtain is preferred
- Existing F&B, or industrial and facility personal client relationships preferred
- CII Front End Planning best practices knowledge is preferred