Senior Manager, Facilities
Industry: Pharmaceutical / Biotech
Job Category: Information Technology - Facilities Management
- Establishes operational objectives and assignments to ensure effective management of facility operations and maintenance programs including: management of outside service providers, energy conservation, asset management, reliability centered maintenance, resource planning, life cycle costing, and identification and use of industry best practices and procedures. Lead and manage a high performance organization that is customer focused and committed to the success of the department and organization.
- In collaboration with SHE, influences senior and executive management by changing and gaining acceptance of new concepts and programs that promote and protect health, safety, security, work life quality, the environment and organizational effectiveness.
- Develops and manages operating and capital budgets, and ensures budgets are met.
- Depending on location manages Shipping & Receiving operations to assure a well-organized, cost and space efficient, regulatory compliant warehouse operation.
- Depending on location oversee site Calibration and Validation programs.
- Lead and manage CAPEX projects as required to meet the business plan. Projects to be executed in accordance with Roche CAPEX and SHE policies and procedures.
- As Site Security Officer (SSO) oversee all aspects of site security including budgeting, staff leadership and control of contracted security services. Be primary communication link with Corporate Chief Security Officer.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships and communication with site senior leadership, internal customers and service providers to ensure superior customer service levels.
- Performs management functions including performance management, staff training and development.
Minimum Qualifications: Education: Minimum (required):
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, architecture, science, technology or facilities management; or equivalent combination of education and work experience (10-12years)
- Preferred:Bachelor’s degree in engineering, architecture or facilities management
Job Related Professional License(s) or Certification(s):
Preferred:International Facility Management Association (IFMA) Certified Facility Manager (CFM)
Job Related Experience: Minimum (required): 10 years of work related experience and 6years of progressive management experiencePreferred: 12years of multi-site facilities and project management experience in a FDA GLP and GMP regulated diagnostic, pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry and 8years of progressive management/leadership experience
Other Qualifications and Abilities:
Exceptional leadership, interpersonal communication, negotiation, collaboration, influencing, and management skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with widely diverse groups, including individuals at all levels both within and outside the organization and gain their cooperation
- Project management and team building skills, and organizational ability to implement new projects and programs in a timely and effective manner
- Effective oral, visual and written communication skills with ability to listen effectively
- Ability to work well under pressure, multitask, prioritize and delegate
- Ability to travel to other Bay Area sites as required
Skills and Certifications [note: bold skills and certification are required]
- Life sciences experience
- Security Clearance Required: No
- Visa Candidate Considered: No
Full-time Benefits - Full
Relocation Assistance Available - Possible for ideal candidate
Commission Compensation - No
Bonus Eligible - No
- 7+ to 10 years experience
Management ExperienceRequired - No
Minimum Education - Bachelor's Degree
Willingness to Travel - Occasionally
We have two positions:
1 - Sr. Manager, Facilities in Santa Clara who has a strong IVD background.
1- Facilities Manager in San Jose and looking for strong GMP and IVD background.
- At company, 91,700 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.