7,000 people, one global focus - enhancing the health and well-being of pets, people, and livestock. We are passionate about what we do at IDEXX – and why wouldn’t we be? When you’re working to raise the standard of care for pets, make drinking water safe for billions and keep our livestock population around the globe healthy and free of disease, it’s no wonder that what we do each day is more than just a job. There’s an energy across IDEXX that is contagious – where caring and committed people come together to make things better. We are looking for an energetic Project Manager to be a part of the Facilities Engineering Team who will be responsible for the administration of assigned projects in our new reference laboratories! You will have responsibility for specific phases of project management, working with schedules, cost projections, contracts, and project status reports. Participate in construction progress meetings and design development; possess working understanding of budgets, schedules, RFI’s, submittals/shop drawing review, invoices, quantity takeoffs, and other management tools. You will assume responsibility and communicate effectively and efficiently with supervising managers, superintendents, general contractors, subcontractors, governing authorities and project owners.
In addition, you will:
- Develop scope and schedule for assigned projects.
- Direct Architects and Engineering’s in the design of office, manufacturing and laboratory facilities.
- Identify and address areas of concern regarding potential risk surrounding project, project logistical issues, budget, and scope.
- Coordinate and track all Vendor Request For Proposals (RFPs)
- Interact and negotiate with construction managers, contractors and subcontractors.
- Prepare/update project status reports, process invoices, update tracking reports, and maintain files for due diligence and financials.
- Actively track each aspect of project performance against schedules and critical path.
- Coordinate the activities of sub-contractors and the relocation of technical functions.
- Demonstrate a proactive focus on meeting client and project requirements, in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use and application of all Project Development and project management principles, as required for assigned projects.
Must haves and desirables:
- BachelorDegree from an accredited institution. Degree in Architecture, Engineering (Industrial, Electrical, or Mechanical) or Construction Management, preferred.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience – or a combination of relevant work experience, education, or an equivalent Military experience.
- Knowledge of estimating techniques, cost control and material pricing along with a proven ability to manage mid-size projects is required.
- Successful experience in design-build and/or contracting construction management; industrial or pharmaceutical project experiencedesired.
- LEED, AIA, PE, PMP certification, preferred.
- Experience in a laboratory environment preferred
- Experience in layout of laboratories and AutoCAD drafting experience.
What you need to succeed:
- Ability to prepare and track budgets.
- Understanding of technical requirements for business relocation, construction, and renovation projects.
- Familiarity with architectural drawings, laboratory design basics, HVAC, MEP, furniture and strongly preferred.
- Able to adapt and prioritize meeting deadlines in a fast-paced team or an independent environment.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to successfully communicate with architects, contractors, client’s representatives, team members and managers.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Project preferred.
- Travel dependent on projects but can be up to 70% and will need flexibility with work hours as needed for projects. Travel can be flexible based on the project schedule and personal schedules.
- Office, laboratory, light industrial.