- Leverage Tesla employees to support onsite functions while coordinating with other Tesla teams to ensure the continuous operations of Tesla’s Gigafactory as it concurrently grows.
- Responsible for leading skilled technical staff with an expert knowledge of Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical, and Waste Water Systems in continuous Facilities Operations.
- Duties include formulating policies and procedures, planning the use of materials and human resources, supervising Facilities Operations, and verifying task completion (SOP, PTP, etc.).
- Acts as advisor to subordinates to meet schedules, resolve technical problems, and acts as incident commander during facility excursions; manage on-shift escalations.
- Provide training, mentoring, performance improvement and career development to personnel on shift.
- Reviews activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement
- Work withcontractors, suppliers, landlords and government agencies as required to support the facility in a sustaining role.
- Work on a variety of projects associated with the development of new processes and process improvements within the factory.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives; review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- BS degree in technical field or equivalent in work experience.
- 6+ years of related tradeexperience; semiconductor or battery manufacturing facilities support is a plus.
- 3+ years of leadership experience; leading technical individual contributors is a plus.
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) per site protocol.
- Ability to sit, stand and/or walk for 10+ hours per day.
- Sits at computer terminal, uses computer for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift at least 10-20 lbs.
- Capable of obtaining OSHA30 within 3months of hire.
- Work in heavy equipment rooms, chemical storage, and distributionlocations, and industrial waste plants.
- Able to discern audible alarms.
- Potential to work with materials which contain hazardous chemicals.
- Support and/or work shift duties in a 24x7 manufacturing environment.
- High tolerance for change.
- Strong teamwork and communication skills.