The Facilities Operations Managerwill drive an exceptional employeeexperience through creatingcollaborative, high-tech, clean, safe, and well-maintained facilitiesglobally at Progress. Reporting directly to the Director, Facilities and Workplace Services, the primary responsibility of a Facilities Operations Manager will be the oversight of project and systems, daily facility operations, management of outside contractors, and providing functional leadership.Primary location in Waltham, MA.
Project and Systems Management
- Have strong project management skills to successfully lead and implement various projects globally
- Technically proficient to be able to serve as system administrator for all facilities software system we have in place
- Create, track, and report the facility/maintenance budget, assuming responsibility for budgeted figures, and continually thinking strategically to reassess areas to reduce costs, increase efficiencies, or generate additional revenue
- Develop and manage external contractor relationships, renegotiating external service contracts as required and project managing work initiatives
- Assisting with special projects and undertaking other duties as needed
- Ability and willingness to travel to various office locations to assist with special projects. Travel estimated at 10% of the time.
Daily Facility Operations & Maintenance
- Oversee general facility operations, ensuring the facility is in the best working order and condition possible
- Ensure that maintenance is performed and deficiencies are identified and corrected within a timely manner
- Respond to all building system failures and diagnose their cause and supervise all activities required to restore proper operation
- Respond to complaints or questions regarding the facility operations and takes appropriate action to resolve problems
- Responsible for the recycling program in the US and campus event setups & takedowns.
- Liaise with all other departments to ensure cross-function collaboration and delivery of the best employee experience possible.
- Ensure compliance with laws, rules, regulations, contracts and leases pertinent to the facility operations
- Serve as a backup to Production and Distribution (P&D) unit
- Occasionally package and ship business and marketing related material using chosen courier managing software.
- Flexible enough to assist with daily operations in Bedford or Waltham at any time.
- Ensure strong cultural alignment with the overall organization and foster a sense of pride, ownership and team work within the Facilities Team
- Challengeyourself and your colleaguesto utilize technology wherever appropriate to increase efficiency, improve operations, and decrease costs
- Ability to take initiative and deliver excellent results with minimalsupervision
- BS Degree and Facilities or Services management with 3 plus years relevant work experience & knowledge in Facility Management, (office) Services management or related discipline.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, administrative and computer skills required.
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter, being able to work independently, without daily supervision.
- Must have excellent customer service skills, a proven team player and exhibit consistent positive attitude.
- Must be well organized individual being able to self-manage and set priorities to meet deadlines and provide follow-up & feedback on all employee request and business issues.
- Ability to work well under pressure and juggle multiple and changing deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Great attention to detail
- Drive for continued growth and development to match new technologies
- Have a progressive mind set with ability to recognize areas of improvement and recommend course of action to management
Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!