As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team, you will push the boundaries of what’s possible in facilities management and operations as a visionary and hands-on leader. This position demands a strong and experienced leader who can meet aggressive objectives in a dynamic environment. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Directs, plans, and manages all aspects of Kent’s manufacturing, office, storage facilities, grounds and all related infrastructure / facility systems.
- Develops and directs the integration of facilities and operational strategies at the Kent sites.
- Advises senior executives and business unit leaders on facilities operational requirements, needs and strategies.
- Oversees daily operations of the physical building and directs the administrative operations, facilities staff, and contractors.
- Assess existing preventative maintenance schedules / scopes and confirm compliance withindustry standards for like aerospace facility.
- Works closely with the Security organization to secure information and assets.
- Negotiate leases and work closely with Construction Project Manager to plan for future facilities.
- Interact with landlords of leased spaces.
- Develops and implements continuous improvement initiatives; measures and reportsperformance metrics; trains and develops employees.
- Develops and manages short and long term operational, capital and labor expenses.
- Develops, presents and implements strategies for space management to meet current and future needs.
- Review existing contracted services vendors and work scopes to investigate potential areas of improvement in both cost and performance.
- Negotiates with outside vendors and contractors; Generates Statements of Work, Requests for Proposals and Develops Facility Requirements Documents.
- Knowledge of Facilities Systems, Real Estate, Project Management, and working in an Office and Manufacturing Environment.
- Previous experience as a manager/senior manager of facilities organizations.
- Technically competent with the ability to troubleshoot electrical, mechanical and HVAC systems.
- Previously demonstrated strong performance as a people leader.
- Ability to manage complex, multi-discipline projects involving multiple locations.
- Ability to interpret and apply applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
- Preparing a variety of reports related to operational activities, including statistical analysis.
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Proficient with Excel, Power Point and Word; Data driven and strong presentation skills
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, public administrations, engineering construction management or related field
- Minimum of 10 years of management and leadership experience in facilities management.
- Previous experience with CMMS and EAMS systems. Maximo experience a plus.
Apply for this job onlineEmail this job to a friendShare on your newsfeed
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue's principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
Job ID 3595