Wallenius Wilhelmsen is a leading provider of logistics solutions to manufacturers of cars, trucks, and heavy equipment. We deliver a wide range of specialized processing services, world class supply chain services, inland distribution, and terminal handling. Last year, Wallenius Wilhelmsen moved 2.3 million cars, rolling equipment and breakbulk units, and handled about 7.6 million units at processing centers around the world.
- Act as Facility Security Officer as identified on Facility Security Plan filed with US Coast Guard.
- Oversee contracted security company and ensure compliance with monthly training and annual exercises as dictated by US CG.
- Champion Castor Green Standard.
- Act as Environmental Health and Safety Coordinator.
- Ensure ISO 14001 compliance through scheduled internal audits and follow up to correct deficiencies.
- Maintain California Air Resource Board, SCAQMD and other local agency licenses and permit compliance. Includes monthly completion and review of logs (liquid waste, organic emissions, misc. equipment emissions, oven / dryer emissions, toxic air emissions and handling of hazardous waste) to ensure permit compliance. Also includes coordinating inspections for air tanks, wastewater, UST’s, etc.
- Administer monthly safety training topics and update topics as needed.
- Chair monthly safety meetings and follow up to ensure timely completion of action items.
- Ensure FSP compliance as well as adherence to TWIC requirements and POLA Clean Truck Program.
- Supervise and direct facility maintenance personnel.
- Inspect and coordinate repairs of building, equipment and yard surface.
- ind and implement solutions to reduce utility costs, GHG emissions, landfill waste stream and reduce overall environmental footprint of facility.
- Conduct weekly audits to ensure proper condition of first aid kits, eye wash stations, fire extinguishers, hazardous material containers storage and labeling, transportation of hazardous waste within allowed time after accumulation, forklifts.
- Assist with coordination of Port construction projects to minimize impact to operations and ensure inefficiencies and other incremental expenses are recovered.
- Lead, motivate, communicate, and inspire large groups of employees.
- Lead cross-functional departments towards individual and organizational goals.
- Partner with fellow leadership to follow the collective bargaining agreement and employee handbook.
- Consistent monitoring of on ground allocations, and throw-in line to watch workflow through the line to meet daily KPI goals.
- Assign daily locations of release, stock, FPOR and herringbone.
- Designate daily production activities based on communication with the distribution team and accessory reporting.
- Consistent monitoring of workflow through the throw in line to meet daily KPI goals.
- Daily communication and handling of responsibilities with two Class 1 railroads.
• 3-5 years first line supervisory experience.
• Complete understanding of, or ability to quickly learn, accessory, distribution, production, warranty, and body shop processes.
• Ability to identify quality problems associated with vehicle and lead effort to construct and implement effective countermeasures to problems.
• Must be able to lift, carry and hold items up to 50lbs.
• Read and understand SOP and suggest changes.
• Complete understanding of, or ability to quickly learn, WW Solutions and customer requirements concerning safety and vehicle condition upon arrival and prior to shipment.
• Experience with SOP, MRP, TQM, JIT, Kaizen, 5S, and visual factory management.
• Experience in an assembly line operation, with emphasis on automotive or mechanical applications.
• Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills.
• A self-starter with the ability to perform in high pressure and dynamic situations.
• Self-motivated with an extreme desire to succeed.
• Proactive, with the ability to think globally.
• Proven management skills and experience in employee relations.
• Willing to work any shift, open to future relocation; able to work long hours and weekends if required.
• Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel, and database navigational skills.
• 4-year degree preferred; or high school diploma with equivalent experience.
• Must possess valid driver’s license & drive manual and automatic transmissions.