Supervises a group of nonexempt employees engaged in one or more aspects of facilities maintenance (both inside and outside) within a building complex as it relates to infection control. Responsible for day to day office operations and procedures. Manages all facility related activities at multiple properties. Monitors work order requests expeditiously and brings them to a satisfactory conclusion. Must be able to be on-call for after hours emergencies. Establishes and maintains frequent contact and collaboration with managers in infection control and facilities. Provides Facilities/Infection Control support in the areas of project tracking, space planning, workplace standards site plan maintenance, as well as business continuity, sustainability and safety programs.
• Works with Facilities Director and Infection Control Director to develop systems and procedures for infection control measures as well as establish and maintain standards for infection control.
• Makes recommendations to Facilities Director and Infection Control Director for improvements to existing operations.
• Management of regional buildings including capital projects, build-outs, moves/adds/changes and maintenance ensuring smooth completion as it relates to infection control.
• Works with and obtains consensus among local facilities and infection control management to determine best current utilization of an office and its future requirements.
• May assigns work to employees, oversees, and tracks the completion of work assignments.
• Maintains clear and concise work standards and goals; provides training and development; completes performance evaluations, conducts employee counseling, takes corrective action as necessary.
• Serves as prime liaison with building management and maintenance for infection control.
• Provides input for annual budget.
• Ensures adherence to all corporate, contractual, ethics and safety standards, policies and procedures.
• Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
Determination of impact on infection prevention and control aspects based on scope of project and the population at risk in various construction areas
Application system for Infection Control, providing recommendations for precautions according to the Infection Control Risk Assessment Matrix of Precautions for Construction and Renovation
4-year degree in Business Administration (or equivalent) and at least 10-12 years of related experience in facility management.
Demonstrated leadership and management skills.
Strong written and oral communication, organizational, interpersonal skills, and customer service skills are required. Ability to work in teams. Ability to follow through. Ability to clearly deliver work instructions.
High-level understanding and appreciation of Project Management and Facilities Management.
Space planning and forecasting skills.
Excellent business judgment.
Ability to work in a matrix organization (dual reporting). Ability to interact with an influence senior-level management. Ability to consult, motivate, and negotiate effectively with client groups, co-workers, employees, vendors, and contractors.
Excellent organization and follow through abilities.
Strong knowledge of codes and regulations covering facility maintenance and workers’ safety.
Must function effectively under time constraints, schedule workload to meet deadlines, and have the ability to prioritize.