Essential Duties and Responsibilities
As the Facilities Manager, you will develop and maintain standards for planned preventative maintenance and office upkeep to assure optimal functioning of all building systems. Anticipating facilities needs and actively addressing issues before they are called out is key. You will thrive in a dynamic workplace with rapidly changing priorities.
You will establish and maintain security & safety policies/procedures in all aspects of daily building operations.
- Grant building access using CCure access control software
- Oversee 3rd party security officers
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams on environmental efforts
You will select, supervise, and manage trade vendors including plumbers, electricians, HVAC, etc.
- Lead vendors to deliver projects under tight deadlines on time and on budget
- Conduct Request for Proposals (RFP) and maintain service contracts
You will run the facilities aspects of our R&D lab space which could include cabling, electrical, and shield rooms.
You will supervise and run the day-to-day activities of the Facilities/Maintenance Technicians across multiple locations. You will utilize our help desk through RemedyForce to track daily activity.
- Review quarterly performance/financial reviews as appropriate
- Maintain budgets and ensure accurate internal and external reporting. Be accountable for energy management and conservation.
- Oversee janitorial & maintenance services
You will utilize project management skills to delegate tasks & projects and have the ability to roll up your sleeves when necessary.
- Facility repairs & maintenance including changing light fixtures & ballasts, patch & paint, tile work, light plumbing, light electrical, etc.
- Cubicle reconfigurations, installations of whiteboards & corkboards, hanging pictures, keyboard trays, etc.
- Run construction/improvement activities as necessary
- 4+ years of facilities management experience in a dynamic organization, preferably in a 100,000+sf leased office environment
- Experience managing and coaching a team both locally and remotely
- A working knowledge of building systems & maintenance (HVAC, fire life safety, lighting, electrical, plumbing, EV charging stations, etc.)
- An ability to juggle multiple deadlines & projects along with a knack for solving problems and spotting inefficiencies
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Microsoft Office Suite.