Responsible for planning, directing and overseeing all facilities-related operations and services within Murata Electronics in North America. This includes, but is not limited to, construction, regulatory compliance, energy conservation, maintenance, vendor and contractor management, leasing, budgeting and workspace planning. This position is also responsible for planning and directing purchasing for all items related to maintenance, repairs, and operations (MRO). Incumbent exercises best business practices to manage resources, services, and processes to meet the needs of the company.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Oversees the planning, coordination and progress of building space allocation; design and layout; plumbing, roofing, electrical and telecommunication services; and facility openings, expansions, moves, and closures to include:, estimates, vendor selections, schedules, communications, construction, inspections, installations, sales, .
- Develops and directs facility management programs including preventative maintenance and life-cycle requirements, energy conservation, etc. Supervises the maintenance and repair of facilities, equipment and landscaping.
- Sources and selects facilities-related contractors and vendors. Negotiates contracts for final approval. Develops and maintains all facility vendor relationships building effective
- partnerships, while negotiating optimum pricing and contract terms.
- Prepares annual capital expenditure and operating budgets. Work throughout the year to keep costs within the budgeted amount, making adjustments on an emergency basis. Ensures that every expenditure works toward creating a more efficient work environment. Reviews and presents regular reports on facility-related finances, contracts, expenditures and purchases.
- Plans and manages facility-centralized services such as reception, security, cleaning, waste disposal, and parking. Ensures that all of these areas are properly maintained and kept in good working order. Is also responsible for the cleanliness of the property, making sure that any on premise vending or catering meets code requirements. Coordinates and monitors activities of contract suppliers.
- Develops and implements cost-reduction initiatives, as well as advises on and monitors energy efficiency. Oversees environmental health, safety, and security of all facilities, as well as response to facility alarms and system failures.
- Promotes a leadership style that engenders subordinate support and fosters a desire among peers to emulate. Directs the activities of direct reports while indirectly persuades and organizes employees outside the department, organizing work and projects to effectively meet the goals of the company. Manages performance through coaching, motivating, and directing.
- Oversees all purchasing functions, projects, and procedures. Handles escalated purchasing issues related to company policies, purchasing agreements, inventory, delivery and pricing.
- Leads maintenance- and purchasing-related projects.
- Coordinates telecommunications and AV operations with Business Engineering/Information Technology.
Miscellaneous Job Responsibilities
- Analyzes and provides reports to Senior Management and Japan on power consumption, projects, and otherrequired facility-related updates.
- Performs other job-related responsibilities and duties as may be assigned from time to time
Acting as a Champion for Change
Displaying Technical Expertise
Driving for Results
Supports Organizational Goals
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering or related field
- Seven+ years of applicable work experience with five+ years of supervisory experience
- Five+ years’ experience in purchasing or procurement
- Experience in contract negotiations and vendor management
- Advanced experience and knowledge of the methods, materials, tools, and equipment used in all phases of building maintenance, including a basic general knowledge of electricity,
- plumbing, carpentry and HVAC systems
- In-depth knowledge of building codes and regulatory compliance with proficiency in reading and interpreting architectural, plumbing, electrical drawings, and facilities-related documents
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows and Office Suite as well as AutoCAD programs
- Experience in budgetary responsibilities
- Demonstrated proficiency in interpersonal skills including effective collaboration and communication skills; aptitude to work successfully in a team-based environment and to effectively collaborate cross-functionally
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills to make sound decisions
- Excellent reporting skills with strong attention to detail
- Exceptional organizational, time management, and multitasking skills
- Well-developed facilitation skills to work among individuals from a wide variety of cultural backgrounds
- Well-developed skills in leading and motivating subordinate employees
- Adaptable and able to effectively work within a dynamic environment
- Certified Facility Manager designation
- Hazardous Material Handling experience
- Electronics lab design/build experience
- Other applicable certification(s) including Project Management Professional (PMP)