We currently have an opportunity for an experienced PLANT SERVICES MANAGER at our Torrance, Californialocation. In this position you will manage our Facilities department, which includes15 employees and a supervisorresponsible for building maintenance, space planning, plantengineering, manufacturing area and office layouts, and production equipment maintenance and repair at our 460,000 square foot,leased three-building site. You’ll develop forecasts and plans for space requirements, manage the preparation of designs, feasibility studies, and cost estimates of maintenance, repair, newconstruction, and rearrangement projects for buildings, grounds, machinery, and equipment, and beresponsible forschedules, cost control, and coordination ofconstruction and rearrangement projects. In addition, you will supervise the preparation of capital and expensebudgets, determine maintenance and custodial service requirements, and direct establishment of preventive maintenanceschedules and procedures. You’ll also prepare space allocation andutilizationreports for L3 corporate management andrespond to corporate facilitiesaudits and local agencyaudits. This is more than an office job, it’s a “hands-on” position with direct involvement in daily operations.
You will need at least eightyears of relevant facilitiesexperience, with abachelor’sdegree inIndustrial, Facilities or MechanicalEngineering OR additional equivalentexperience. Otherqualifications that will enable you to perform successfully in this position include:
- Working knowledge of building codes, safety regulations, and other facilities-related requirements is necessary
- Demonstrated knowledge of building construction, remodeling, and maintenance (plumbing, heating, air conditioning and ventilation, electrical, etc.) is needed
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications is needed, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project
- Experience using AutoCAD design software is preferred
- Effective verbal and written communication skills are required
- The ability to prepare accurate budgets, forecasts, schedules and other plans is needed
- Requires the ability to supervise building trade and othercontractors performing maintenance, rearrangements, and construction work
- Must be available to respond in the event of after-hours building, systems, or equipment emergencies
- Previous supervisory experience is preferred, along with experience in a bargaining unit environment.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government securityinvestigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information requiring a security clearance