We're JLL-a leading professional services and investment management firm specializing in real estate. We shape the future of real estate for a better world by using the most advanced technology to create rewarding opportunities, amazing spaces and sustainable real estate solutions for our clients, our people and our communities. As a Fortune 500 company, we help real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions. We have operations in over 80 countries and a global workforce of over 92,000 individuals. We believe a diverse and inclusive culture is one where everyone succeeds. That's why we're committed to creating an environment where we all feel welcomed, valued and empowered to achieve our full potential.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a "perfect" candidate. JLL is a place where everyone can grow no matter how they identify or what background they bring with them. If you're a leader of any level or experience and this job description resonates with you, let's talk.SUMMARY
The Facilities Manager must ensure the highest level of professionalism, while meeting the clients' needs, and a commitment to achieving the goal of 100% uptime throughout the engineering, client and management team(s). Responsible for protecting and improving the value of the client's assets and ensuring that building engineering systems as well as other management systems continue to perform their intended function. Executes equipment inspection and monitoring programs; defines and implements maintenance best practices to improve overall mechanical equipment uptime; and continuously evaluates current maintenance, operations and reliability methods and implements changes to enhance effectiveness at increasing value-maximizing performance.
Monitors operation and maintains refrigeration, water cooling and air conditioning equipment; boilers, heating, ventilating and hot water equipment; pumps, valves, piping and filters; other mechanical and electrical equipment; reviewing logs as necessary to assure proper operation of equipment; responsible for reporting any problems/malfunctions on an as need basis. Performs preventive tasks when required. Oversees repair and preventative maintenance (P.M.) of HVAC systems; determines frequency of repair and/or P.M. for HVAC systems
As a facilities manager, you will need to:
- Manage the vendor procurement process with the sourcing team in accordance with agreed client procurement guidelines.
- Co-ordinate and monitor the contractor management program
- Implement a comprehensive energy management program
- Implement building procedures and performance measures to ensure simplification and accuracy of work methods and reliability of systems. Regional consistency will be of importance.
- Manage the Preventive and Planned Maintenance program to minimize maintenance, repair and replacement costs.
- Ensure that the team liaises closely with the Regional Operations procedures to ensure service standards are maintained
- Recommend continuous quality improvement practices
- Ensure consistency of regional policies & procedures with constant updating of data website(s) and that all staff have adequate familiarity with the systems as well as the policies
- Implement, comply with and audit all internal management systems, for quality assurance
- Ensure all Critical Environment (CEM) requirements are met.
- Ensure all Reactive Maintenance is completed as per the agreed timeframes.
- Ensure all Financial Management requirements are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
Profitability/ Savings Initiatives:
- Coordinate a property risk management program which identifies major property risks including occupational health and safety, fire safety and essential services and environmental.
- Ensure data integrity of all information loaded into systems and comply with the audit process from time to time
- Ensure disaster recovery and business continuity planning is implemented and maintained.
- Ensure escalation procedures are in place and observed for incident and problem reporting to Regional Managers.
Customer Service / Client Relationships:
- Develop initiatives and strategies that lead to cost savings and service improvement
- Evaluate service response time and analyze occupants' service request trends and suggestions
- Ensure feedback from client sessions is recorded and actioned to the satisfaction of the end user.
- Pro-actively develop and manage client / business unit relationships ensuring that the expected service levels are achieved across the region.
- Lead by example and groom the team in achieving maximum client satisfaction level
- Responsible for developing and following budget for all services.
- Review monthly financial reports including the preparation of accruals and variance analysis Regional Finance Manager (as required).
- Assist in the budgeting and Recommit process including reviews with Regional Finance Managers as required.
- Administer the data website(s) and ensure that all reports and other relevant data are regularly updated.
- Deliver delivers meaningful inputs across the region in the development of monthly and quarterly management reports.
Leadership / Staff Management:
- Ensure the team is well trained on all facilities policies, procedures and systems. Work closely with the Jones Lang LaSalle senior Account team to devise new and innovative methods of learning built around skill development, leadership and succession planning
- Assign buddies for new team members to ensure teamwork, consistency & rationalization of the team
- Actively encourage an environment that supports teamwork, co-operation & performance excellence
- Act as manager and a coach for the team ensuring high staff morale, trust and work ethics.
• Ensures the availability of an adequate inventory of tools and other supplies to operate the building. Specific duties include but are not limited to: preparing and submitting purchase orders requests, developing sources for stock materials and performing periodic checks of inventory levels and equipment conditions.
• Identify safety hazards within the building and incorporate the remediation of such hazards to ensure that the building's staff and occupants work in a safe environment.
• Ensure that compliance of all regulatory laws and guidelines are met as they relate to the operation of the building's infrastructure.
• Maintain all infrastructure and compliance documentation for the building including up-to-date building drawings and single-lines as well as documentation mandated for the purpose of maintaining regulatory compliance with Federal, State or Local law.
• Ensure that the CFWA (Critical Facility Work Authorization) is a well-understood process among the building staff, engineers, tenants and contractors who perform work on the building's critical infrastructure.
And all other duties as assigned.EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associate Degree in and engineering discipline or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years facility related work experience, including customer service, leadership and supervisory experience
- Managerial experience required.
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Certification as a Universal Technician for CFC's (or within 90 days of employment), preferred
- Operating Engineers license (SMA) or equivalent, preferred
- Exposure to HVAC, fluid handling/pumping, fluid filtering, mechanical systems, welding, and electrical systems engineering and operation.
- Comprehensive knowledge of maintenance processes.
- Understands aspects of construction planning and execution.
What you can expect from us
- Working knowledge of computer applications including Microsoft Office and CMMS systems
- Demonstrated verbal/written communication skills
- Proven record of excellent internal and external customer service
We succeed together-across the desk and around the globe and believe the best inspire the best, so we invest in supporting each other, learning together and celebrating our success.
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your career ambitions, recognizing your contributions, investing in your well-being and providing competitive benefits and pay.
We can't wait to see where your ambitions take you at JLL.
#LI-PP1JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL's recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
Jones Lang LaSalle ("JLL") is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process - including the online application and/or overall selection process - you may email us at Accommodation.Reques@am.jll.com. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.