Provide effective leadership and supervision for all safety, environmental, and facilities initiatives. Oversees facility management resources including personnel, service contracts, budget management, space utilization, and information resources.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
•Marginal position functions that are not included among the essential duties and responsibilities in this position description are also requirements of this position.
Safety / Environmental
- Implements and evaluates programs to manage personnel safetyrisks, fire safety risks, facility response to emergencies, and to manage risks associated with physical security, hazardous materials, and waste.
- Assure company safety / environmental programs to ensure a safe work environment consistent with all regulatory, environmental, and operational needs.
- Assist management in understanding governmental safety and environmental regulations and standards, including guidance on handling OSHA compliance.
- Act as ranking Company representative in dealing with government agencies on safety and environmental issues affecting the Company.
- Develop accident prevention and loss-control systems, programs, and related training for incorporation into operational policies of the organization.
- Evaluate hazardous conditions and practices and develops hazard control practices and programs.
- Investigate workplace injuries, and makes recommendations for correction of problem areas.
- Work with trade and professional organizations to promote goals and objectives in the health and safety area that affect the Company’s business. This includes maintaining relationships with local fire departments and rescue teams to assure effective information
exchange and mutual assistance.
- Assess new developments in the environmental health and safety field that may have application to the Company’s operations.
- Establish target areas and long-range accident prevention and cost-control objectives.
- Serve as the leader of the Company Safety Team.
- Determine opportunities to minimize facility operating cost, justification for capital improvement projects including preparation of Capital Request forms, and execute project management of capital investment projects.
- Ensure that major equipment and furnishings are maintained in safe, operable condition and/or arrange for replacement.
- Develop, implement, and maintain preventative maintenance program.
- Establish procedures and contacts to ensure timely preventive repair of equipment.
- Secure equipment, service or facility improvement bids, negotiate quotes and make recommendations for purchase as required.
- Coordinate, arrange, and supervise the completion of corrective and preventive maintenance actions in accordance with operational needs and financial considerations.
- Ensure that building and grounds are maintained in accordance with relevant regulations and fiscal considerations.
- Conduct routine facility inspections and provides a summary of recommendations to staff management team.
- Ensure security of the building is in place and all assets in good working condition.
- Arrange and maintain proper documentation retention and filing of facility related items (building drawings, utilities, carbon footprint items, etc)
- Evaluate short and long-term needs in relation to major facility projects and property improvements.
- Maintain a high standard of performance and professionalism in line with ITW’s values.
- May arrange for or provide training for personnel as it relates to the safety or maintenance needs of the organization. This may entail providing staff training in a variety of safety and maintenance topics including the effective utilization of maintenance
logs, completion of routine maintenance specific to the facility, safe equipment operations, fire safety training, etc.
- Attends staff meetings, working groups, and coordinates with various personnel to accomplish facility work.
- Familiarity with building security systems.
- Maintain good housekeeping throughout the facility.
- Ability and willingness to work non-traditional shifts and hours, as needed.
- Regular attendance and the ability to get along with others in a team environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree in Environmental Health & Safety Management, Mechanical Engineering, IndustrialEngineering, or a related field required.
- 8-10 years experience in a facilities management and/or safety/environmental management role. Certification level training on OSHA standards along with industrial hygiene and environmental requirements a plus.
- Strong verbal, written, analytical, and persuasive skills, and ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and management.
- Proficient in MS Office required.