The Facilities Manager is responsible for the management of services and processes that support Harris Corporation’s Colorado Springs business. The facility Manager will ensure that all Colorado Springs based organizations have suitable working environments for its employees and contractors as well as clients and customers when visiting. The Facility Manager generally focuses on best practices and continuous improvement to improve efficiency of the overall facilities, reducing the operating cost while increasing productivity. Will supervise a staff of 5 employees supporting 5 facilities.
- Create and participate in development and evaluation of space plans while recommending cost effective design elements and layouts in accordance with Harris corporation standards.
- Develop relocation option scenarios and floor plans to move individuals and work group, interfacing with affected groups and their management during move preparation, relocation and post move to address any issues that arise.
- Negotiate and maintain service contracts and vendor relationships for routine, maintenance and janitorial services. Evaluate and document manufacturers and suppliers financial strength, operational capabilities, controls and their capacity to perform required services.
- Apply knowledge of finish materials, address physical space issues including maintenance and repair of damages.
- Work with vendors and contractors to maintain fully operational facilities and service and assure all facilities and equipment are in continuous good working order.
- Work with and support division and corporate security staff, to investigate securitythreats, thefts, vehicle break-ins, vandalism, suspicious persons and other issues as necessary and appropriate.
- Collaborate with division and corporate security and environmental, health & safety staff in planning and execution of life safety exercises.
New Office Projects
- Support Corporate real Estate by participating in owner/architect/contractor meetings from inception to completion supporting.
- Respond to inquiries from local staff and Corporate Real Estate regarding space planning, design elements, finishes, etc.
- Identify and provide specific information regarding previous projects useful to current design and construction projects.
- Prepare documents to put out to tenders for contractors
Budgets and Financial Controls
- Prepare and maintain annual operating planbudgets for building maintenance, repair and operations.
- Prepare Annual Capital Improvement Planbudgets for facility renovation or space allocations
- Assist with the budget process by tracking expenses and making building renovation recommendations. Plan and coordinate facility changes, including mass moves.
- 10+ years relevant experience with BS/BA (Bachelors) or equivalent
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Ability to work independently, assess an issue or situation, determine appropriate course of action and respond
- Ability to assess a situation and act accordingly following a problem through to a successful resolution
- Excellent written and oral communication skills