Within Fender Musical Instrument Corporation’s (“FMIC”) global Manufacturing team, we are focused on delivering operational excellence to the business and our customers by promoting collaboration, building trust, and setting high standards. Our mission is to support and enable the makers who fuel the pursuit of musical expression.
An American icon, Fender was born in Southern California and has built a worldwide influence extending beyond the studio and the stage. A Fender is more than an instrument, it’s a cultural symbol that resonates globally.
We are currently searching for an exceptional Facilities Manager to join our team in Corona, CA. In this role, you will be responsible for all aspects of facilities maintenance in the Corona, CA manufacturing facility including supporting SMED, TPM implementation, and supervision of multiple shifts. This individual will develop and maintain maintenance schedules and programs and identify areas of improvement for the building and grounds.
About the Job:
- Project Management for large scale factory expansion
- Knowledge of local and state building codes
- Knowledge of NFPA codes
- Knowledge of NEC codes
- Identify areas for improvement and assign work.
- Knowledge of lean tool that include TPM and SMED implementation.
- Respond to emergency calls for maintenance.
- Perform troubleshooting to solve issues, Extensive mechanical knowledge, and electromechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems.
- Carry out inspections of the facilities to identify and resolve issues.
- Check electrical and hydraulic systems of buildings to ensure functionality
- Plan and oversee all repair and installation activities
- Monitor expenses and control the budget for maintenance
- Manage relationships with contractors and service providers
- Ability to select, buy, and install equipment and machinery for the different manufacturing processes
- Responsible for the general maintenance of buildings and manufacturing machinery
- Extensive knowledge of materials and machining centers, lathes, milling machines, CNC, and Robotics.
- Oriented to results that meet the needs of the customer, mainly the manufacturing needs.
- Teamwork with organizational and departmental objectives, innovating and working with the different levels of the organization
- Implementation of metrics within the maintenance department, downtime, compliance with preventive maintenance, MTTR and MTBF goals, safety goals
- Ability to evaluate equipment and develop failure mode corrections.
- Ability to develop and train the technical staff of the department, in administration and technical skills.
- Proven ability to manage multiple project with hard deadlines including risk identification , mitigation management and leading cross functional groups to ensure milestones are met.
What You Need:
- Minimum of 7-9 years of experience in a similar position in maintenance facilities
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work cross-functionally with other leaders on sensitive issues
- Ability to combine initiative, integrity and professional discipline to accomplish difficult tasks through other people
- Experience in project management
- Working knowledge of building, fire, and electrical codes
- Solid understanding of technical aspects of plumbing, carpentry, electrical systems etc.
- Working knowledge of facilities machines and equipment
- Ability to keep track of and report on activity
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- Experience in the use of CAD software for Facilities design
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Experience in direct management of similar scope or equivalent experience will be considered.