Crown Equipment Corporation is a leading innovator in world-class forklift and material handling equipment and technology. As one of the world’s largest lift truck manufacturers, we are committed to providing the customer with the safest, most efficient and ergonomic lift truck possible to lower their total cost of ownership.
- Manage department and assign work orders for all building and maintenance projects. Consult with the corporate Director of Facilities Planning in planning maintenance, construction, projects, etc. Meet with managers, supervisors, project coordinators, CI, sub-contractors, suppliers and vendors regarding project schedules. Assist all departments with proper techniques of design, layout, construction of JIB and bridge cranes, floor sealing operations, basic construction, concrete work, welding, cutting, plumbing, snow removal, grounds heavy moving, painting and electrical at plant and other property.
- Develop, maintain, administer an organization qualified to repair and maintain production machine equipment, property and buildings to ensure safe and efficient working conditions and upkeep. Manage day to day activities required to meet PM/repair schedules, plan and provide for an adequate supply of and ensure control over materials and supplies, plan and provide for equipment uptime. Manage the applications of TPM (Total Predictive Maintenance), Infrared Camera’s, PLC (Programmable Logical Controller), 5S Practices, Work Order management system, etc. Consult with various Facility Managers to sustain property and buildings to meet corporate standards. Manage the purchase, installation and upkeep of Electrical, Plumbing, HVAC, Bridge Crane and Compressed Air Systems. Manage and coordinate painting, floor sealing, grounds mowing, landscaping, and snow removal services. Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Perform duties such as creating/revising job descriptions, conducting Talent Development discussion sessions, rating performance, establishing/tracking goals and completing annual wage reviews. Responsible for coaching, motivating, mentoring, and developing direct reports to successfully take on additional responsibilities.
- Develop annual budget for expense accounts and capital equipment related to the operations of Production Equipment, Facilities, and Lift Fleet departments. Work with management to develop policy and programs in support of good employee relations. Perform other duties assigned by upper management.
- High school diploma or equivalent required plus 8-15 years related experience in electrical, construction work and factory/industrial maintenance required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Previous management or supervisory experience required.
- Previous experience leading and managing projects. Good presentation skills.
- Previous experience developing and managing a budget.