Barnes Aerospace – Ogden division has an exciting opportunity for a Facilities Manager. In this position you will be responsible for the cost-effective management of daily administrative facility and facility services operations to provide a safe, clean, efficient, and comfortable environment in support of business objectives. If you are a results-oriented individual who thrives in a fast paced environment, you are encouraged to submit your name for consideration.
- Responsible for defining and managing PM, TPM, and emergency maintenance for all production and operating equipment to ensure reliability, functionality, and optimized life-span of all equipment.
- Monitor and manage optimum performance of all existing building systems, including HVAC, back-up power generators, UPS, electrical, critical equipment monitoring, security (access controls and camera surveillance), fire protection systems, and general building maintenance.
- Conduct facility inspections and manages inspection results and repairs;
- Manage vendor relationships, such as, security resources, recycling/shredding services, and other facility related services.
- Manage vendor performance to meet cost and schedule objectives.
- Obtain necessary permits/licenses as required to perform facility changes and equipment installations and related activities. Maintains all required records including maintenance contracts, inspectionreports, insurance documents, and permits.
- Oversee activities of building contractors, vendors, and suppliers. Responsible for monitoring all contracts for compliance and cost control. Performs quality control inspections to ensure adherence to contract specifications and industry standards.
- Respond in a professional and timely manner to management and internal customer inquiries relating to facilities operations issues. Research and resolve problems related to facilities operational issues.
- Manage or assist in managing outsourced building services including (but not limited to) janitorial, grounds maintenance and garbage collection.
- Responsible for monitoring of all expenditures for assigned areas of responsibility against budget and reporting variances on a monthly basis.
- Manage the daily operations of the maintenance department and conducts performance assessments of employees.
- Integrates, BES, 6s and Lean principles in areas of responsibility.
- Assist in the preparation of annual capital and expense budgets.
- Develop a preventative maintenance calendar and oversee that all items and duties are carried out.
- Work with Site management to develop and maintain disaster preparedness plan and business continuity plans for the facility.
- Manage equipment repairs on off shifts and weekends
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a Manufacturing /Facility role.
- Project management skills and abilities as applied to contractors, vendors, and suppliers.
- Ability to manage vendor contracts.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to develop and maintain record keeping systems and procedures.
- Knowledge of facilities maintenance and custodial principles, procedures, and standards.
- Knowledge of uniform building codes, fire codes, ADA, OSHApreferred.
- Supervisor experiencerequired.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field.