DESCRIPTION SUMMARY: Ensures consistent and quality functioning of facilities and utilities. Supports communication and use of established emergency procedures. Supervises cleaning and maintenance of all building areas and mailroom functioning and processes for assigned location. Coordinates office moves in support of efficient space planning. Manages Facilities staff.
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of work routines and procedures related to facilities and office services support functions and proactively pursues methods of improving processes and facilities management.
- Liaisons with building management and outside vendors on minor issues/projects related to construction and office moves.
- Schedules maintenance and monitors operation of all utilities.
- Conducts periodic inspections to ensure the upkeep of building for the physical appearance and the safety of employees in accordance with applicable OSHA standards.
- Trains and instructs associates on proper use of equipment and works with associates to keep office environment functional and clean.
- Oversees building security; responds to all incidents reported. Acts as system administrator for security access control system.
- Participates in creating procedures for use in event of accidents, fires, or other emergencies.
- Plans and coordinates all aspects of internal office moves.
- Supervises, coaches, and develops mailroom and custodial associates.
- Ensures timely completion of facility work order requests.
- Administers associate parking database and issues parking permits to associates.
- May manage multiple properties and sites.
- Completes other duties as required.
EDUCATION: College Degree or equivalent work experience
EXPERIENCE: 3-5 years experience with progressive responsibility and supervisory duties in the facilities management field.
SKILLS: Supervisory responsibilities include the coordination and supervision of vendors/trades including: light construction, janitorial, HVAC, electrical, painting, plumbing, locksmith, office installers, movers, cleaning, security, vending machines, paper goods, recycling, and trash removal; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Should be familiar with the RFP and bid process in the selection of vendors and contractors. Budget preparation and management a plus.
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS: Interface with internal and external customers and clients at all levels.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Require on call status, 24-hour emergency basis. Should be familiar with Microsoft Office Products including, Windows, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook and Internet Explorer. Proficient in CAD/CAFM (Drawbase) programs and security access control software.