The position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties of installation, maintenance, and repair production support and facility equipment to achieve the site's operational goals and objectives.
Essential Job Functions include the following, but are not limited to:
- Inspects buildings and other structures to determine functional systems, detect malfunctions, and needed repair making notes and recommendations using a pre-established check sheet
- Develop strategies and plans for continuous improvement of the facilities department including reports which document discrepancies and recommend fix-actions where applicable
- Provide support to ship, receive, move, store and install production and/or facility equipment.
- Maintain all Environmental and Safety equipment in support of the cleanroom, production, and office areas operation.
- File regular safety and environmental reports with County, State, and Federal Authorities
- Provide necessary training to staff members when needed.
- Supervise monthly testing and inspection of all safety equipment.?
US Persons/Green card holders:
- Ability to work on ITAR related product(s)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar position is required.
- BS in Engineering or Science
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Working knowledge of operation and maintenance of cleanroom HVAC Systems, RO/DI Water Systems, Boilers, Chillers, Pumps, House Vacuum, Electrical Distribution, Toxic Gas and Fire Alarm monitoring and Acid
- Waste treatment to ensure all building systems operate efficiently. Familiarity with METASYS Building Automation System- Controls/Monitors HVAC, and all sub-systems on Plant site is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Hazardous Waste Operations – including treatment, storage and disposal coordination as well as Chemical handling safety
- Ability to prepare/analyze plans, schedules, bid documents, cost estimates and purchase requests for infrastructure maintenance and improvements.
- Coordinate projects with consultants, contractors and building/safety inspectors.
- Design or constructionexperience with an understanding of plant construction techniques is helpful.
- Must be able to work flexible hours
- On call 24 hours
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Driver license required
- Must be capable of being certified to us SCBA equipment
Thorlabs values its diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.