Join Intel-and build a better tomorrow.
Intel is in the midst of an exciting transformation, with a vision to create and extend computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth. So join us-and help us create the next generation of technologies that will shape the future for decades to come
Corporate Services (CS) touches the lives of every Intel employee every day. CS creates an environment where employees can prosper while creating the innovative technologies that make amazing possible.
Our scope is vast and includes operating and maintaining all Intel sites, offices, labs and factories globally as well as onsite services and onsite services and experiences that help employees stay safe and productive. CS also helps to make Intel and our community a greener place by supporting Intel's commitment to environmental sustainability, including investing in conservation projects, setting company-wide environmental targets and driving reductions in greenhouse emissions, energy use, water use and waste generation.
As an Instrumentation & Controls engineer you will design, install, manage, and maintain equipment which is used to monitor and control engineering systems, machinery and processes. Instrumentation is vital in measuring and controlling parameters such as pressure, flow, temperature, current, and voltage by gathering information from the field and then changing its parameters via a control loop. Instrument & Controls engineers therefore aim to improve productivity, stability, safety, continuity and optimization through measurement, automation and control processes.
The successful candidate will prepare engineering assessments and provide technical operations direction on construction designs, conduct troubleshooting and root cause failure analyses as well as drive engineering solutions to address and rectify issues and manage long term equipment improvement initiatives. Moreover, establishes and submits process requirements to be met when designing and acquiring instrumentation equipment. A facilities I&C engineer will also act as a liaison to daily tactical operations customer requests.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work effectively as an individual with minimal direction, and as part of a larger team.
What we offer:
- We give you opportunities to transform technology and create a better future, by delivering products that touch the lives of every person on earth. As a global leader in innovation and new technology, we foster a collaborative, supportive, and exciting environment-where the brightest minds in the world come together to achieve exceptional results.
- We offer a competitive salary and financial benefits such as bonuses, life and disability insurance, opportunities to buy Intel stock at a discounted rate, and Intel stock awards (eligibility at the discretion of Intel Corporation). We provide benefits that promote a healthy, enjoyable life: excellent medical plans, wellness programs and amenities, flexible work hours, time off, recreational activities, discounts on various products and services, and many more creative perks that make Intel a Great Place to Work!
- We're constantly working on making a more connected and intelligent future, and we need your help. Change tomorrow. Start today.
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor of Science or Master of Science degree in Electrical, Chemical, Mechanical or other equivalent Engineering degree with 5+ years of relevant experience with instrumentation devices to include measurement of Pressure, Temperature, Humidity, Flow and Analytical and platforms such as Cimplicity and Rockwell Automation Logix.
- This U.S. position is open to U.S. Workers Only. A U.S. Worker is someone who is either a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident, or a person granted Refugee or Asylum status by the U.S. Government. Intel will not sponsor a foreign national for this position.
- Knowledge of standard industrial Mechanical, Electrical and Process (MEP) systems to be able to interact, plan and coordinate the activities of MEP engineers and technicians in support of troubleshooting and/or integrating control changes to their system in order to achieve the required results.
- Previous experience developing, designing, testing, and commissioning new control systems. Ability to develop instrumentation installation drawings, data sheets, PI&D drawings for control systems and PLC\SCADA interface systems in full compliance with recognized industry standards, safety standards, and client specifications.
- Must be familiar industry standard instrumentation devices to include measurement of Pressure, Temperature, Humidity, Flow and Analytical.