The Facilities & Hospitality Manager is responsible for recruiting, evaluating, counseling, and coordinating the activities of Hospitality and Reception staff, ensuring that all visitors and clients are received in an excellent and professional manner, and that the facility is properly maintained and equipped to provide a safe, healthy, pleasing, and efficient work place. Essential job functions include:
- Recruit, supervise, counsel, reward, train, and evaluate Facilities, Hospitality, and Reception staff.
- Manage local Facilities, Hospitality, and Reception budgets.
- Responsible for coordination and execution of Firm Sponsored Events.
- Facilitate catering for meetings and events; manage invoices and chargebacks as appropriate.
- Maintain client conference center and office space to law firm standards.
- Ensure clients and those calling the Firm have a positive experience.
- Liaison for all Landlord/Property Management and Subtenant related matters including service provider activity within the building.
- Initiate and coordinate all Tenant Work Orders for building issues on a daily basis with building management and engineers which includes: lighting, plumbing, HVAC adjustments, security clearances, vendor/contractor insurance policies, janitorial services, and recycling program.
- Works with leadership on office assignments, notification of moves, transfers, new hires, and departures
- Allocate parking transponders or transit passes as appropriate.
- Maintain all areas of security including keys, proximity cards, security reviews, after-hours issues, coordination of special security, and hire/term issues.
- Update signage on lobby directories, building electronic directory, and office/workstations.
- Track and maintain Fixed Assets as required by firm policies.
- Provide assistance and backup to the Director of Facilities on departmental functions and firmwide projects as needed.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with major coursework in related field.
- 5 years’ management experience in a support function that includes responsibilities in Facilities, preferably in a professional services environment.
- Experience with building management methods, principles and practices.
- Experience with project management methods, principles, and practices.
- Position is light work in nature; physical demands are in excess of those of sedentary work and requires walking or standing to a significant degree.
- Ability to routinely lift up to 50 lbs. required.
- Ability to deliver superior service to all internal and external customers, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to interact in a professional and courteous manner with clients and employees at all times; professional appearance required.
- Ability to successfully perform position requirements with excellent organizational, time-management and prioritization skills required.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team; ability and willingness to adapt to changing business demands.
- Ability to produce acceptable amount of work efficiently and accurately; ability to produce quality final work product.
- Ability to exercise good judgment at all times by making sound and practical decisions; ability to assume responsibility for decisions and act decisively under deadlines.
- High level of professional integrity required; ability to maintain confidentiality and build trust.
- Ability to lead and motivate the work of others; when applicable, ability to successfully manage direct report(s), including performance evaluation, goal-setting, employee development and problem-solving.
Bachelors or better.
5 years:Experience managing a team.
Experience in a facilities management setting.
Experience in a hospitality setting.
Experience with building management.